"Could not load track" error message

Old December 14th 05, 09:22 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default "Could not load track" error message

Hello, after a long time of not playing GPL, I am trying to get it up and
running again. I keep getting the message "Could not load the track." I have
rebuilt the 67 season.ini file but no joy. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

Old December 14th 05, 09:51 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Alastair" > writes:

> Hello, after a long time of not playing GPL, I am trying to get it up and
> running again. I keep getting the message "Could not load the track." I have
> rebuilt the 67 season.ini file but no joy. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

I think you need to give us a little more information on how you
proceeded and when the error appeared.

/andreas

--
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
Old December 14th 05, 09:57 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Alastair" > wrote in message
et...
> Hello, after a long time of not playing GPL, I am trying to get it up and
> running again. I keep getting the message "Could not load the track." I
> have rebuilt the 67 season.ini file but no joy. Can anyone help me out?
> Thanks.

OK, after loading the game CD I got the all in one patch. Then I went to
GPLEA and downloaded some new cars and all of their new tracks. When I go to
load the track, all of them, it gives me that error message then it says
"cancelling weekend."
I have rebuilt my 67season.ini file and put the same info into gp.ini. I
have made sure the number of tracks at the top is correct and it is the same
number.
Thanks for any help.

Old December 14th 05, 11:15 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Alastair" > wrote in message
et...
> Hello, after a long time of not playing GPL, I am trying to get it up and
> running again. I keep getting the message "Could not load the track." I
> have rebuilt the 67 season.ini file but no joy. Can anyone help me out?
> Thanks.

Could not load track error when loading any track would indicate a problem
in one/some/all car directories. Check for any missing files in car folders
and try to reinstall them. There should only be a gpl-cd-original .dat and
all update files from GPLEA in a car folder.

--
Mika Takala

Old December 15th 05, 01:10 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

did you apply the sound patch? if you did and don't have all 7 sounds in
the sound folder you'll have this problem i think.

Old December 15th 05, 02:22 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

No, the missing sounds will let you get to the main GPL menu, but no
further. The "Could not load the track" message at all tracks is
definitely a problem in one of the car folders. Make sure that you
have the dat file in the folder in addition to the new GPLEA files.
That's the most common mistake.

If that isn't the problem, go back to having the original .dat file
only in each car folder and do a test race with 19 AI. If that runs
OK, try upgrading to one GPLEA car only, then retest etc.

See the GPL FAQ for problems like this at
http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=105748

Bob Simpson

Old December 15th 05, 07:43 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Alastair" > wrote in message
et...
> Hello, after a long time of not playing GPL, I am trying to get it up and
> running again. I keep getting the message "Could not load the track." I
> have rebuilt the 67 season.ini file but no joy. Can anyone help me out?
> Thanks.

Thanks for all the help. Now it seems I am getting an error message that
says " Could not initialize replay system." Then it says "cancelling the
weekend." Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Old December 15th 05, 08:00 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Alastair" > wrote in message
. com...

> "Alastair" > wrote in message
> et...
>> Hello, after a long time of not playing GPL, I am trying to get it up and
>> running again. I keep getting the message "Could not load the track." I
>> have rebuilt the 67 season.ini file but no joy. Can anyone help me out?
>> Thanks.
>>

> Thanks for all the help. Now it seems I am getting an error message that
> says " Could not initialize replay system." Then it says "cancelling the
> weekend." Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

OK, I got it figured out. Thanks for the help in the first post.

tire inflation chart, max load vrs. normal driving jeff Ford Explorer 2 December 13th 05 01:36 PM
Definition Load Capacity willem Honda 4 November 12th 05 04:38 PM
98 Tahoe -- "Shudders under load" Steve Cox 4x4 4 August 19th 05 06:20 AM
Need help with clutch clamp load [email protected] 4x4 0 February 19th 05 09:48 PM
Battery load test [email protected] Technology 0 December 31st 04 02:53 PM