rF2 updating

Old June 8th 12, 04:17 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

Default rF2 updating

lid (FolkGT) wrote:

> As an aside, the update process in pCARS is so far bulletproof.

Back when I was still paying attention to pCARS I too had no problems... though
that was because I was installing it from scratch every time. :-)

I decided to take a break for six months when I got bored waiting for the 'feel' to
improve. I'm sure it'll happen eventually, but I tend to think that's where you
start with a sim, not where you finish. So I remain hopeful but not expectant.

I also struggled with the tone of the forums and the 'vibe' around the project
politics after a while. And that "oooh, you'd better upgrade now while you still
can" stunt left a nasty taste in my mouth. It seemed a bit cynical, even if it
wasn't meant that way. Ian is an interesting character though, and I put nothing
past him. :-)

I've paid up for the full thing on release, but having done that I'm no longer
interested in wasting time following every build. rF2 -- when I'm not getting
stroppy with it -- feels very satisfying, iRacing continues to act as a
considerable time sync even preparing for just 2 races a week, and I confess to
being more excited by AC than anything else on the horizon... even the Lotus49 in
iRacing.

Though that's mainly because I doubt that car will arrive for quite some time. It
can't be a high priority on their marketing schedule, and I think that's what
drives the software (quite rightly, for a business still relying on special offers
to draw people in and retain them).

Andrew McP

rF2 updating Andrew MacPherson[_2_] Simulators 8 June 8th 12 02:05 PM
I was trying not to expect too much from rF2, but... Andrew MacPherson[_2_] Simulators 33 July 15th 11 08:55 AM
rF2 Screenies Uwe Simulators 15 April 28th 10 05:10 PM
Not Updating? D Jeep 11 December 15th 06 05:02 PM
Updating rFactor? Trev B Simulators 3 October 2nd 06 12:44 AM