GM airbag crash data black box......you need to know this.

Old November 3rd 04, 12:28 AM
LoganDiagnostic

Default GM airbag crash data black box......you need to know this.

GM and Saturn cars record crash data. You can often get the last 5 seconds
of vehicle data. Dealers are not able to collect the crash data. You need
the Vetronix CDR, it can be seen here-

http://www.airbagcrash.com

Any questions about the crash data, black boxes etc. We will try to
answer.

Old November 3rd 04, 03:03 AM
Bchbound

In article
outautos.com>,
says...
> GM and Saturn cars record crash data. You can often get the last 5 seconds
> of vehicle data. Dealers are not able to collect the crash data. You need
> the Vetronix CDR, it can be seen here-

http://www.airbagcrash.com

> Any questions about the crash data, black boxes etc. We will try to
> answer.

They are in all Ford's and some Isuzu's too. I had the opportunity to
have one downloaded at work. Sent it out to a crash reconstruction
expert. The report was interesting. Showed 5 seconds prior to impact.
Showed brake applied 2 seconds before impact. Showed the car in question
was doing 66 mph when brakes were applied 2 seconds before impact. Not
real fast but witness accounts say the car was driving on the shoulder
with traffic standing still in the other 3 lanes. The info also showed
the driver did not have his seat belt on as well as percent throttle for
those 5 seconds.

Real big brother stuff...
Old November 3rd 04, 03:03 AM
Bchbound

In article
outautos.com>,
says...

Old November 3rd 04, 03:31 AM
LoganDiagnostic

The Isuzus are rebadged GM S10s...basically a GM truck.

On the Fords you do not get the 5 seconds of precrash data. You only get
the actual deployment event. GM you get both.

http://www.airbagcrash.com

Logan Diagnostic

Old November 3rd 04, 11:38 PM
Bob I

Been dicussed here long ago. Whoopee.

Old November 3rd 04, 11:38 PM
Bob I

Old November 4th 04, 03:12 AM
LoganDiagnostic

Yeah its whoopie...until you need the air bag SDM downloaded after a
accident.

GM Dealers cant do it.

Try finding anyone in your area that has one. Try your state police, ask
for a download, they will decline.

Logan Diagnostic
www.airbagcrash.com
www.ledfix.com

Old November 5th 04, 01:09 AM
JOEVET

it works real well too. we had a 20 yr. old kid in a '02 corvette kill a
few people while racing a mercedes. court is using the data that shows he
was doing 130mph in a 45 mph zone

"Bob I" > wrote in message
> Been dicussed here long ago. Whoopee.
>
> LoganDiagnostic wrote:
> > GM and Saturn cars record crash data. You can often get the last 5

seconds
> > of vehicle data. Dealers are not able to collect the crash data. You

need
> > the Vetronix CDR, it can be seen here-
> >
> > http://www.airbagcrash.com
> >

> > Any questions about the crash data, black boxes etc. We will try to
> > answer.

BMW 5 Series E39 Accidental Airbag Deployment BigBazza BMW 14 January 21st 05 02:30 AM
2000 BMW Z3: Discharged Battery, Hydro Meter Black, Jumped Car, yet still black? MathMan BMW 3 November 22nd 04 06:40 AM
Airbag warning light. Alfa71 Alfa Romeo 7 October 26th 04 08:13 PM
Airbag sensor on E39 hodne BMW 2 September 25th 04 12:04 AM
[FS] Black Alfa Romeo 147 1.6TS Lusso 5 doors - 2003(03) - 9000 miles Peter Alfa Romeo 5 June 5th 04 09:56 AM