GTR in Australia

Old April 21st 05, 08:02 AM
Bruce Kennewell

Default GTR in Australia

Does anyone have any information regarding an Australian release of this
sim?
I have checked with a couple of outlets here and nobody knows a thing about
it.

If it isn't going to receive a "down under" release then I can buy one from
overseas but it would be nice to give my custom to my local software shop,
if possible.

Bruce.

Old April 21st 05, 10:22 PM
DaveH-UK

Hi Bruce...
Dunno about Aussie release; if/when/ever...

Obviously available in europe... v 1.3 But if your 'local' store
deserves your custom (and your dosh) let them work for it... tell emm
like it is... they gotta get it for you! Else... ship it yourself from
europe and watch as they go out of business!

And... what ever it costs, it ain't enough; awesome sim. Some bods moan
about the on-line element, but since I've been on ADSL it's been fine
with me. Replay, save and edit laps not up to GPL standard... but
hopefully there will be a fix for that later.

DaveH-UK

Old April 21st 05, 11:26 PM
Bruce Kennewell

Well, David, the reason for my question was to (hopefully) elicit a response
from someone who possibly *does* know!

I have tried both demos, am up-to-date with the release of the sim
internationally and don't play on-line so the information that you have
given I was already aware of and makes me none the wiser, but thanks anyway.

Bruce.

Old April 22nd 05, 12:40 AM
Andre Queree \(Mr Q\)

I picked mine up from here last week:
http://www.gameswarehouse.com.au/lon...p?gameid=10861

I think they must be importing it themselves as none of the other game
stores seem to be carrying it.

--
Andre

Old April 22nd 05, 01:01 AM
on

I bought my copy from Games Warehouse:

http://www.gameswarehouse.com.au/lon...p?gameid=10861

a bit pricey but it's worth it...
Old April 22nd 05, 01:44 AM
Steve Whitty

"Bruce Kennewell" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have any information regarding an Australian release of this
> sim?
> I have checked with a couple of outlets here and nobody knows a thing
> about
> it.
>
> If it isn't going to receive a "down under" release then I can buy one
> from
> overseas but it would be nice to give my custom to my local software shop,
> if possible.
>
> Bruce.

this taken from the gtr forum over at Austeam Racing

The official aussie Release of GTR will be sold at Harvey norman stores
Australia wide only. The release date is for the 30th April.

hope that helps you out Bruce

cheers

steve

Old April 22nd 05, 03:44 AM
Bruce Kennewell

Thanks, Steve, and thanks to the other Aussies who advised about Games
Warehouse.
Hardly Normal is pretty convenient for me so I'll wait until the end of the
month.

Cheers!
Bruce.

Old April 22nd 05, 09:20 AM
Byron Forbes

http://www.asrg.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1318

Old April 22nd 05, 01:16 PM
Peter

On 21 Apr 2005 17:01:09 -0700, (on) wrote:

>I bought my copy from Games Warehouse:

http://www.gameswarehouse.com.au/lon...p?gameid=10861

>a bit pricey but it's worth it...

Ouch, at that price they don't deserve customers. I got mine from
Sendit.com in the UK, cost was $65 including postage and it arrived in
a week.

Peter
Old April 22nd 05, 10:28 PM
Bruce Kennewell

Thanks for the link, Byron, but I'm not a member.

Bruce.