IRacing Pricing

Old February 25th 08, 11:13 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

Default IRacing Pricing

"Backspace" > wrote in message
> Byron Forbes wrote:
>
>> They wear dresses you know! He's a stupid kilty *******! And he's
>> senile!

> This coming from an Aussie git where they actually think Vegemite is
> better than Marmite? ********!

Too slow and not worth the wait.

Old February 25th 08, 04:45 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
GaryR

Hey Tim, never mind. I scored a bunch of them from a friend. Do you
know who is manning the "Info" email at iRacing? He/she would do well
to at least acknowledge emails sent, at least with some sort of BS
auto-reply. Maybe if I get a NASCAR email address they would give a
crap?

Thanks
GP

Old February 26th 08, 01:15 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Backspace

Byron Forbes wrote:

> Too slow and not worth the wait.

I was on holidays, sorry.
Old February 26th 08, 02:56 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tim Wheatley

On Feb 25, 10:45 am, GaryR > wrote:
> Hey Tim, never mind. I scored a bunch of them from a friend. Do you
> know who is manning the "Info" email atiRacing? He/she would do well
> to at least acknowledge emails sent, at least with some sort of BS
> auto-reply. Maybe if I get a NASCAR email address they would give a
> crap?
>
> Thanks
> GP

should be getting replied to. I am not sure
exists? I used to monitor contact@ myself, not sure
who has the job now I don't do it.
Old February 27th 08, 05:41 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jeff Reid[_2_]

> I wouldn't dream of BS'ing you. Jackie Stewart indeed didn't like GPL '67 when he tried it. People who're used to
> driving real racecars are missing a lot of sensory input the first time they drive a simulated one.

This is true with any sim, and it wasn't just Jackie Stewart. One of the
issues affecting GPL sales was that most real racers didn't consider any
sim to be realistic because of the lack of feel, and the face that GPL wasn't
about current cars (1999) at the time of release. NR2003 had more acceptance
from real racers when it was released, but I think most of this is due to the
fact that it's a newer younger generation of drivers that have spent more
time with computer gaming in general.

Still I'm not sure what percentage of USA club and pro racers are going to
take any "game" as a serious simulation because of the lack of sensory input.
Racing sims might be good tools for learning tracks, but few real race
drivers are going to be concerned about optimizing lap times on a racing game,
especially if it takes advantages of physics quirks in the game that differ
from real life.

Old February 27th 08, 07:54 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jeff Reid[_2_]

> This is true with any sim, and it wasn't just Jackie Stewart. One of the
> issues affecting GPL sales was that most real racers didn't consider any
> sim to be realistic because of the lack of feel, and the face that GPL wasn't
> about current cars (1999) at the time of release.

I left out the fact that many current racing game players at the time (1999)
thought GPL was too difficult.

Old February 27th 08, 06:19 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tim Wheatley

On Feb 26, 8:47 am, GaryR > wrote:
> Sorry, my mistake and you are correct. It's that
> never replies. There are a bunch of us that race with PCA and NASA
> that are curious about leagues and when this will all be starting.
>
> Thanks
> GP
>
> >On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 18:56:03 -0800 (PST), Tim Wheatley > wrote:
> should be getting replied to. I am not sure
> exists? I used to monitor contact@ myself, not sure
> >who has the job now I don't do it.

The person who answers has been out on assignment, or at least he is
at the moment... I know there are no decals right now for anyone
though.

What is it you're wanting to know about leagues?
Old February 27th 08, 06:21 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tim Wheatley

On Feb 27, 1:54 am, "Jeff Reid" > wrote:
> > This is true with any sim, and it wasn't just Jackie Stewart. One of the
> > issues affecting GPL sales was that most real racers didn't consider any
> > sim to be realistic because of the lack of feel, and the face that GPL wasn't
> > about current cars (1999) at the time of release.

> I left out the fact that many current racing game players at the time (1999)
> thought GPL was too difficult.

Indeed. I'd been racing sims since 'the first' - but I uninstalled GPL
the first day I ran it and didn't re-install for two months. For
someone with no experience of simulations to say something is no big
surprise, I hated it before I put the effort in. The brain needs to be
trained to fill in those sensory gaps.
Old February 27th 08, 07:39 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jason moyer[_2_]

On Feb 27, 12:41*am, "Jeff Reid" > wrote:

> NR2003 had more acceptance
> from real racers when it was released, but I think most of this is due to the
> fact that it's a newer younger generation of drivers that have spent more
> time with computer gaming in general.

I think it had more to do with the physics being more believable than
GPL's, but YMMV.

iRacing Who? [email protected] Simulators 62 August 10th 07 10:01 PM
iRacing what? _Mitch Simulators 4 August 1st 07 04:27 AM
Will iRacing ever produce a PC sim ? DB Simulators 86 September 15th 05 08:33 PM
iRacing and Piratebay ymenard Simulators 6 July 23rd 05 01:44 AM