C6 Reaview Mirror

Old July 16th 07, 02:59 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Joe[_76_]

Default C6 Reaview Mirror

Have a 2006 C6 with the manual rearview mirror.

When I exit the car the instrument lights shut off immediately as
expected but the reading lights on the mirror remain on for about 15
minutes.
There are two buttons under each side of the mirror that are supposed
to control the lamps.
When is the lamp supposed to be on, with the button indented or all
the way out???

Old July 16th 07, 06:17 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ[_4_]

Joe wrote:
> Have a 2006 C6 with the manual rearview mirror.
>
> When I exit the car the instrument lights shut off immediately as
> expected but the reading lights on the mirror remain on for about 15
> minutes.
> There are two buttons under each side of the mirror that are supposed
> to control the lamps.
> When is the lamp supposed to be on, with the button indented or all
> the way out???

Sounds like the you're leaving the lighs on
and the battery-save function is killing them.
--
pj
Old July 31st 07, 08:17 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Jim Smith[_2_]

Hi,

When seated in the drivers seat, check the dial/switch near your left
knee.

Joe > wrote in
:

Old August 2nd 07, 08:58 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Frank M.[_2_]

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 01:59:44 GMT, Joe > wrote:

>Have a 2006 C6 with the manual rearview mirror.
>
>When I exit the car the instrument lights shut off immediately as
>expected but the reading lights on the mirror remain on for about 15
>minutes.
>There are two buttons under each side of the mirror that are supposed
>to control the lamps.
>When is the lamp supposed to be on, with the button indented or all
>the way out???

As Jim Smith mentions above, the rotary switch for controlling the
brightness of the dash lights also controls the lights on the
mirror... by pushing the switch in once for turning them BOTH on, and
pushing again to turn them off. This switch has precedence over the
buttons below the mirror; if the switch is accidentally pushed when
you enter or leave the car, you can try to control the lights all day
with the push buttons with no affect until the "save battery" feature
turns them off. And if the lights have been turned on with the push
buttons on the mirror, you won't be able to turn them off with a push
of the rotary switch until they are also turned off with the buttons
on the mirror.

--
Frank M.
Old August 8th 07, 07:07 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Joe[_76_]

That was it....

Thanks very much!

On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 15:58:20 -0400, Frank M.

Rearview mirror bug '59 VW air cooled 3 February 22nd 07 08:30 AM
Mirror al VW water cooled 5 December 23rd 06 02:54 PM
AWA [OFFER] rearview mirror, sun visor, truck mirror, jeep mirror [email protected] General 0 November 28th 05 12:55 PM
Remove blind spot mirror from side view mirror. Wiz General 3 April 8th 05 02:36 PM
Right outside mirror Graham Saturn 8 July 15th 04 02:07 PM