EA strikes again

Old December 15th 04, 11:30 PM
JP

? Anytime, anywhere you use a copyright protected logo, etc., there's
money being paid, usually by the entity using it, not the owners.

Nothing new, been that way for decades.

Plowboy2 > wrote in message
> There is a f#cking problem with this licensing... Can someone tell me why
> Coke, Ford, or others Pays through the nose to have thier cars or products
> in a movie, yet game writers have to pay them to have thier products put
> "xactly" like they were when Coke, Ford, or others paid through the nose

for

Old December 15th 04, 11:53 PM
Don Wilshe

Yep and this service was performed for them by www.games-advertising.com
Matter of fact the #10 Ratbag car was built and raced on the bristol on
dirt.
Driver was Tyler Walker..

Don Wilshe

Old December 15th 04, 11:54 PM
Don Wilshe

wrong.. but thats ok.. tracks, drivers and associations can be had for
free if you
just ask enough

don wilshe

Old December 16th 04, 12:02 AM
JP

Not in movies, which is what was mentioned in the post.

Hehe, but then, you'd know all about ways of doing things that most
people can't, eh ?

m...

Old December 16th 04, 09:21 AM
Asgeir Nesoen

I don't mind about games containing only fake logos and "Coventries" if
the game programmers make it excessibly easy to substitute the fakes
with the real thing.

GPL was the prime example in this, how long took it to produce the
correct logos, images and names for the on-line community? A month?

I do in fact believe that this is the only way to screw the lawyers:
Produce games, put every development cost into the game itself, don't
mind about rights AT ALL, never use ANY logo or name found in RL, and
let people do whatever they like about the authenticity.

---Asgeir---

Old December 16th 04, 03:46 PM
Byron Forbes

"Asgeir Nesoen" > wrote in message

> I do in fact believe that this is the only way to screw the lawyers:
> Produce games, put every development cost into the game itself, don't
> mind about rights AT ALL, never use ANY logo or name found in RL, and
> let people do whatever they like about the authenticity.

Exactly.

Old December 16th 04, 10:33 PM
Mark Davison

"Byron Forbes" > wrote in message

> Is that right? It seems some mentally rot before their body does my
> mere
> mortal friend!

A mere mortal I am, and totally comfortable with it. You?

It's cool that you have such a high opinion of yourself. No-one else does,
right? And that's because no-one else understands how complex you are?
You're on an intellectually higher plain and people just can't deal with
that. That's it, isn't it. That *must* be it. Why else wouldn't anyone
want to be your friend?

Old December 17th 04, 04:55 PM
Plowboy2

BS Jp, In the movies, example- Coke pays to have the "characters" drink
them... same with cars, any merchandise, everything.
JP enlightened us with:

Old December 17th 04, 04:58 PM
Plowboy2

Exactly... because at some point say a big company MIGHT want to place
their product in the product/game. at that point Just like the movies, if
programmers/publishers dont cut off their noses so to speak, would make it a
lot easier to get some projects going...

Byron Forbes enlightened us with:

Old December 17th 04, 04:59 PM
JP

BS Plowboy. Yep, characters get paid to use the product. Any the owning
movie company, etc. pays Coke, etc. for that. Thats why many times you'll
see a carton of, say, milk, and instead of some brand name, it'll say "Milk"
on it i.e.
Company X didn't want to play the game in that case.