iRacing what?

Old July 17th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
_Mitch

Default iRacing what?

Global warming alarmists are a clever bunch. They have very carefully
changed the issue from "global warming" to "climate change." Now any change
in weather, be it mild winters or cool summers can be attributed to "climate
change." Whatever the weather, the news is very bad.

One claim threatens massive storms thrashing our communities. Such a threat
was an easy sell in 2005 as Katrina was blamed for nearly destroying New
Orleans in a hurricane season that seemed without end. Surely it could not
be denied that climate change Armageddon was upon us.

To make the point, in September, 2005, Bjorn Carey, Staff Writer for the
website, LiveScience.com reported that the "Increase in major hurricanes
(was) linked to warmer seas." Said Carey, "the number of severe hurricanes
has doubled worldwide even though the total number of hurricanes has dropped
over the last 35 years." Carey continued, "The increase in major storms like
Katrina coincides with a global increase of sea surface temperatures, which
scientists say is an effect of global warming."

Based on such "scientific" studies and having just experienced such a
horrific hurricane season, the world braced for the 2006 season. Nothing
happened. No severe storms. All was quiet on the oceanfront.

Were the alarmists wrong? Could the predictions be mistaken? Was this the
end of the hysteria? Of course not. With huge monetary rewards and
government grants at stake, the climate change artists knew just what to
do -- switch gears. No muss. No fuss.

In April, 2007, Andrea Thompson, another staff writer for the same website,
LiveScience.com wrote, "Global Warming could hinder hurricanes." Said
Thompson, "Global Warming might not fuel more intense hurricanes in the
Atlantic after all. Despite increasing ocean temperatures that feed monster
storms, climate change may also be ramping up the winds that choke off a
hurricane's development..." Nothing, not even facts stop the dedicated
climate change alarmist.

The truth is, global warming and climate change have nothing to do with how
severe the hurricane season is. Those who have documented hurricanes since
we had the tools to study them report that how severe the season is depends
on a well-known natural phenomenon which comes in two parts - El Nino and
its evil sister La Nina.

Every few years certain elements in the weather cause the oceans to either
warm or cool. An El Nino is a warming of the water temperature and actually
tends to produce a milder storm season. An El Nino is the reason for last
year's mild hurricane season. A La Nina, on the other hand, is a cooling of
the mid-Pacific equatorial region causing ocean temperatures to cool
resulting in greater storm activity and velocity.

Storm watchers issued a prediction that the 2007 hurricane season will
possibly be a severe one because indications are a La Nina is forming.
Forecasters admit they don't know how severe the weather will be because
they don't know how strong the La Nina is. However, it typically means more
hurricanes in the Atlantic, fewer in the Pacific, less rain and more heat
for the southern U.S. and a milder spring and summer in the north. Conrad
Lautenbacher, NOAA Administrator, the federal agency responsible for
hurricane watching further explained, "The central plains of the United
States tend to be drier in the fall during La Nina, while the Pacific
Northwest tends to be wetter in the late fall and early winter."

So this year, if your region is experiencing unusually dry weather, perhaps
a drought, or a cool spring, or a mild summer, rest assured it's completely
natural and has nothing to do with the wit or wisdom of Al Gore. He's just
trying to scare you into giving him another Oscar. Don't be fooled. It's not
"climate change," it's just weather.

Old July 17th 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mitch+A

Oh the irony. LOL.

Old July 18th 07, 04:10 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Greg Campbell

_Mitch wrote:

> Global warming alarmists are a clever bunch....

Still stupidly parroting someone elses' words, eh?

Get a clue, Homer. YOU are the one being played for a fool...

-Moo

Old July 18th 07, 08:34 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Gladiator

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 20:10:17 -0700, Greg Campbell
> wrote:

>Still stupidly parroting someone elses' words, eh?
>
>Get a clue, Homer. YOU are the one being played for a fool...
>
>-Moo

Yea, at least when he used his own words he was mildly entertaining
but now he is just boring.
Old August 1st 07, 04:27 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tim Wheatley

It's very rare to find someone using their own words, it's even more
rare to find someone who has their own point of view made up of their
own experiences and opinion.

He is repeating things that sometimes contradict his own postings if
he'd actually understood them, so it's best just to ignore the poor
child.

Tim.

iRacing released for Macintosh first! Larry[_1_] Simulators 1 August 18th 06 07:17 PM
iracing news Chad Rogers Simulators 36 December 14th 05 06:16 PM
Will iRacing ever produce a PC sim ? DB Simulators 86 September 15th 05 08:33 PM
iRacing and Piratebay ymenard Simulators 6 July 23rd 05 01:44 AM