GTR is officially released.

Old November 3rd 04, 12:30 AM
John Smith

Default GTR is officially released.

I guess it's time for another new video card... like the guy below, whats
the best bang for the buck right now(agp only)?

Old November 3rd 04, 06:26 AM
Timmy Ferrell

Where is it available and in what platform?
Timmy

Old November 3rd 04, 08:34 AM
Chad Rogers

In Germany and on PC.

Old November 3rd 04, 09:13 AM
Jussi Koukku

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 23:34:55 -0800, "Chad Rogers" >
wrote something like:

>In Germany and on PC.

And it's in german, pit radio and all. But I still ordered it from
amazon.de. They should have the english version in the shops here in
Finland (and most likely in rest of the world too) in 1Q/2005...
couldn't wait =)
--
- Jussi Koukku -
Old November 3rd 04, 09:49 AM
Jussi

"Jussi Koukku" > kirjoitti
om...
> On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 23:34:55 -0800, "Chad Rogers" >
> wrote something like:
>
>>In Germany and on PC.

> And it's in german, pit radio and all. But I still ordered it from
> amazon.de. They should have the english version in the shops here in
> Finland (and most likely in rest of the world too) in 1Q/2005...
> couldn't wait =)
> --
> - Jussi Koukku -

I think I have to download the pirate version of german game. I want to play
it now, not 2005!
There is no sense from developer to publish the german version first. When
the english version come out I will buy it but I think many people will not
becouse of this stupid realease politic.

GR

Old November 3rd 04, 12:26 PM
Jussi Koukku

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 10:49:50 +0200, "Jussi" > wrote
something like:

>I think I have to download the pirate version of german game. I want to play
>it now, not 2005!

I wanted to play it now too, but instead of stealing it, I bought it
from amazon.de. Should be here in 5 - 9 working days. Cost me 5EUR
more than the listed price at playerone.fi.

>There is no sense from developer to publish the german version first. When
>the english version come out I will buy it but I think many people will not
>becouse of this stupid realease politic.

Developers don't publish games, publishers do. And AFAIK Simbin
doesn't even have a worldwide publisher yet. 10tacel (german
publisher) decided to publish the german version of the game earlier
as it won't hurt the later sales of the english version. Germany is a
rather large market are, and apparently racing games sell very well
over there. So it makes perfect sense to publish GTR in Germany soon
as possible. I don't like it any more than you do, but it still makes
sense...

BTW, if they would've signed a publisher well in advance, the game
might have been in the shops earlier, but it might have been totally
different kind of game (console, all arcade... in worst case
scenario). What I'm trying to say is that publishers usually have
quite a lot to say in game development, and the way Simbin chose to
make GTR (independently) was IMO a good way.
--
- Jussi Koukku -
Old November 3rd 04, 01:45 PM
Jussi

"Jussi Koukku" > kirjoitti
om...
> On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 10:49:50 +0200, "Jussi" > wrote
> something like:
>
>>I think I have to download the pirate version of german game. I want to
>>play
>>it now, not 2005!

> I wanted to play it now too, but instead of stealing it, I bought it
> from amazon.de. Should be here in 5 - 9 working days. Cost me 5EUR
> more than the listed price at playerone.fi.

As I said, I will buy the enlish version. I don't want to buy same game two
times

>>There is no sense from developer to publish the german version first. When
>>the english version come out I will buy it but I think many people will
>>not
>>becouse of this stupid realease politic.

> Developers don't publish games, publishers do. And AFAIK Simbin
> doesn't even have a worldwide publisher yet. 10tacel (german
> publisher) decided to publish the german version of the game earlier
> as it won't hurt the later sales of the english version. Germany is a
> rather large market are, and apparently racing games sell very well
> over there. So it makes perfect sense to publish GTR in Germany soon
> as possible. I don't like it any more than you do, but it still makes
> sense...

I think publishing game wordwide same time will make more money to
developers and publishers.

> BTW, if they would've signed a publisher well in advance, the game
> might have been in the shops earlier, but it might have been totally
> different kind of game (console, all arcade... in worst case
> scenario). What I'm trying to say is that publishers usually have
> quite a lot to say in game development, and the way Simbin chose to
> make GTR (independently) was IMO a good way.

I have been waiting for this game so long and I expected that game will be
realased in november....
Now they tell as that it will be realased in February 2005. That gets me
angry

Old November 4th 04, 09:30 AM
Asgeir Nesoen

And:
Publishers profit from sales, developers don't. So, in order to get what
we want, we would want independant developers making a magnificent sim,
then taking it to the publisher in order to get it to the shelves.

I have always said that 'profit' ruin everything, unless you're amongst
the majority making grounds for the profit. In order to get the sim we
want, there shouldn't be *any* kind of profit *anywhere* in the process. :-)

So, what is the best development environment for the sims *we* want?
Open source, open development, open testing. Sourceforge would be a
great place to start. The problem arises when a team decides to go
black, shut down web pages, and start charging for the code everybody
has developed.

---Asgeir---

Old November 4th 04, 09:59 AM
Jussi Koukku

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 09:30:44 +0100, Asgeir Nesoen
> wrote something like:

>Publishers profit from sales, developers don't. So, in order to get what
>we want, we would want independant developers making a magnificent sim,
>then taking it to the publisher in order to get it to the shelves.

Or do it like the LFS guys did... develop it independently, and
publish it through internet independently.

>So, what is the best development environment for the sims *we* want?
>Open source, open development, open testing. Sourceforge would be a

You just pretty much described MOTORSPORT, the RSC community project:
http://forum.rscnet.org/forumdisplay.php?f=577

Just hope it doesn't go belly up =)
--
- Jussi Koukku -
Old November 4th 04, 10:08 AM
Jussi Koukku

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 14:45:59 +0200, "Jussi" > wrote
something like:

>As I said, I will buy the enlish version. I don't want to buy same game two
>times

Ok, cool. Missed that in your previous post, sorry.

>I think publishing game wordwide same time will make more money to
>developers and publishers.

Well, 10Tacel probably couldn't care less about worldwide sales. And I
can't really see how Simbin is losing money by releasing a german
version few months ahead of the english version. I doubt that any
average p2p user would bother with the german version anyway. They'll
wait for the english version to be cracked

>I have been waiting for this game so long and I expected that game will be
>realased in november....
>Now they tell as that it will be realased in February 2005. That gets me
>angry

Been there... =)
--
- Jussi Koukku -