1 Million downloads of GPL addon tracks?

Old October 30th 04, 04:42 PM
MagnusT

Default 1 Million downloads of GPL addon tracks?

I wonder....

How big percentage of you actually download a track if you're at the
GPL Track Database and decide to click on the "Get track" button to go
to the official download site? Not everyone I guess but if you do
click on the button I guess most of you are pretty sure you want to
try the track out? Then again there are quite a few track downloads
that don't originate from that "Get track" button

If you host a GPL addon track and know the number of downloads, what
is the proportion between your download figures and the number of
clicks for your track at the database?

Anyway, the counter counting everytime you click on that button is
just about to wrap around from 999 thousand to 1 million! And
following the thoughts above, this surely means 1 million track
downloads!! Quite mind boggling when you think about it.

__________________
/Magnus Thomé

The GPL Track Database: http://trackdb.d2g.com
Old October 31st 04, 01:23 AM
Steve Smith

I know! Amazing, isn't it? Of course, half the hits are probably mine - I
check the GPL Track Database at least 3 times a day....

m...

Old October 31st 04, 10:30 AM
AlenlorDRot

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 08:42:53 -0700, MagnusT wrote:

I'm part of a no doubt large group that doesn't post or comment.
But we do use the heck out of the track db.
Good work, Magnus.
Old October 31st 04, 01:14 PM
MagnusT

"Steve Smith" > wrote in message >. ..
> I know! Amazing, isn't it? Of course, half the hits are probably mine - I
> check the GPL Track Database at least 3 times a day....

Ah! That's why there's been are over 2 million database searches and
5+ million page hits ;-)

But 1 million track downloads... Mind boggling isn't it!
Old October 31st 04, 01:57 PM
Steve Smith

Seconded.

newsan.2004.10.31.09.30.20.955000@%23%23hotmail. !!moc...

Old October 31st 04, 08:18 PM
Jim Carvalho

You da bomb, Magnus! Thanks for all the work you've done for us.
Jim

Old November 2nd 04, 09:12 PM
Dave Henrie

Jim Carvalho > wrote in
:

> You da bomb, Magnus! Thanks for all the work you've done for us.
> Jim
>
> Steve Smith wrote:
>> Seconded.
>>
>> "AlenlorDRot" <alenlor@##hotmail.!!moc> wrote in message
>> newsan.2004.10.31.09.30.20.955000@%23%23hotmail. !!moc...
>>
>>>On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 08:42:53 -0700, MagnusT wrote:
>>>
>>>I'm part of a no doubt large group that doesn't post or comment.
>>>But we do use the heck out of the track db.
>>>Good work, Magnus.

To Magnus, I give you my thanks and appreciation. And I extend those
thoughts to the track builders, mod makers, painters, websites. Your
efforts, and I would assume sometimes costly efforts, have made simming a
great place to be.
Well done lad.

dave henrie