Is it just me? (GTR Demo)

Old October 15th 04, 03:44 PM
David G Fisher

Default Is it just me? (GTR Demo)

"Uwe Schürkamp" > wrote in message
> On 13 Oct 2004 22:07:53 -0700, cronik wrote:
> > "David G Fisher" > wrote in message

> >> I'm disappointed by the way the car in the demo (old demo and new)

handles.
> >> Too much understeer. Sloppy handling overall. I worked on the setup a

bit
> >> and made it better, but the car still basically drives like a piece of

junk.
> >> Certainly not the way I'd expect one of the best race cars in the world

> >> handle.
> >>
> >> Even the Cup boats in N2003, with the expert setup at WG as an example,
> >> handle much better than this GT car!
> >>
> >> One of these two sims has got it very, very wrong apparently.

> > Well, it's not really too difficult to figure out which one it is, is

it.

> If Achim likes it, it must be good. I'm serious! Heck, DGF enjoys F1C
> which leaves me exhausted after 10 laps ;-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> uwe

Nothing better in sim racing than ripping through a few dozen laps in the F1
cars, hitting all your marks, and not making any (serious) mistakes. :-)

The TA cars, on fast tracks, are a lot of fun too though.

--
David G Fisher

Old October 15th 04, 05:09 PM
Byron Forbes

"Fcuk U" > wrote in message
> Byron Forbes wrote:
>
> > "Fcuk U" > wrote in message
> >

> >>It's a WIP! Simulation Mode is not enabled...jesus!

> > Yeah, but why is sim mode disabled?
> >

> it's not finished yet?

But wasn't that press demo in sim mode? I'm always suspicious of demos
that aren't "demos" at all! Something to hide?

Old October 15th 04, 05:13 PM
Richard S Beckett

"David G Fisher" > wrote in message
> The average 15 year old will usually beat a lot of serious 40 year old
> simmers.

Speak for yourself! I turn 40 next week, and I can still kick ass when it
comes to video games. There aren't many kids out there that can beat me! ;-)

Although I did get beaten at beach volleyball on the PS2 - but if you've
ever seen it you'll know what was distracting me! :-P

R.

Old October 15th 04, 05:27 PM
ZZ

The average 15 year old will usually beat a lot of serious 40 year old
simmers.

The 40 year old simmers will tell everyone it's hard to control because they
need to feel it's super realistic, and they don't want their friends and
family to think they are actually doing the exact same thing as the 15 year
olds.

--
David G Fisher
---------------------------

That's Dave's excuse, and he's sticking with it. ;-)

That's a joke son.

--
I'm Richard "ZZ" Busch, and I approved this message.

Member:
Screamers Racing League
OAO
MARA TransAm
GPL Rank + 17.410
MoGPL Rank + 318.294
N2003 Rank -18.8060
----------------
Remember racecar is racecar spelled backward
-----------------

Old November 1st 04, 10:13 AM
Tara

Alan C. Daly wrote:

> My Windows XP set-up is ultra-trimmed, I have a pair of scripts that
> start/stop all unnecessary services for when gaming, and all
> taskbar/resident processes killed.

Could you provide those scripts?

Tara
--
http://users4.ev1.net/~taragem/yager.htm
Old November 1st 04, 04:38 PM
Tanstaafl

Here is a link to the freeware EnditAll program that accomplishes what
you're looking for. There is a later EnditAll2 program, but you have to
subscibe to the PC Magazine web site to get it. I've used both in XP and
they work fine.

http://www.the-old-sea-dog.net/enditall.html

om...

Old November 1st 04, 04:58 PM
Steve Smith

Yer sure? Site sez it's for Win 98 & NT, not ME nor XP.

Old November 1st 04, 06:37 PM
Tim Paullin

Yep, works fine on all. Enditall2 is ok but a bit more complicated
interface.

Tim

.. .

Old November 1st 04, 10:41 PM
Tanstaafl

Been using a couple of years with no problem.

Demo or new? Rich Honda 10 October 27th 04 03:49 PM
GTR official demo is out David G Fisher Simulators 7 October 22nd 04 08:16 PM
GTR -> Official Demo with Press Demo Simulation files Sting32 Simulators 0 October 15th 04 05:57 AM
Are japs controlling the Blue Ribbon Coalition? Sportsmen Against Bush 4x4 6 December 20th 03 04:58 AM