88 Mustang GT Fuel Filter location...

Old June 3rd 07, 02:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default 88 Mustang GT Fuel Filter location...

I want to replace the fuel filter on my 88 GT and was wondering where
is the filter located???

Old June 3rd 07, 02:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Jun 3, 12:29 am, "chumley" > wrote:
> "Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message

> > On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 01:43:28 -0000, wrote:

> >>I want to replace the fuel filter on my 88 GT and was wondering where
> >>is the filter located???

> > I think it's back by the lines coming out of the gas tank.

> should be underneath the body attached to frame, kind of under the rear
> passenger side seat and gas tank, near rear passenger side tire.

thanks for the info guys!

Old June 4th 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Jun 3, 8:29 am, wrote:
> On Jun 3, 12:29 am, "chumley" > wrote:
>
> > "Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message

> .. .

> > > I think it's back by the lines coming out of the gas tank.

> > should be underneath the body attached to frame, kind of under the rear
> > passenger side seat and gas tank, near rear passenger side tire.

> thanks for the info guys!

now that i know the location of the filter (right where you
described)...how do i relive the pressure in the line?

Old June 5th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Jun 4, 6:15 pm, WindsorFox > wrote:
> wrote:

> >> thanks for the info guys!

> > now that i know thelocationof thefilter(right where you
> > described)...how do i relive the pressure in the line?

> It will relieve it's self as soon as you pull the first line off.
> You need the removal tool set too.
>
> --
> "Humor is in the eye of the beholder.
> Some beholders are flat-out blind." - Dwight

what tool is that?

Old June 5th 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Jun 4, 8:49 pm, "chumley" > wrote:
> "WindsorFox" > wrote in message

> > wrote:

> m...

> >> now that i know thelocationof thefilter(right where you
> >> described)...how do i relive the pressure in the line?

> > It will relieve it's self as soon as you pull the first line off. You
> > need the removal tool set too.

> new special clamps to replace old to get back in too
>
> there is a button in the trunk, rear side on driver end, behind the paneling
> .
> OR you can pressin the little "tire filler" on thefuelrail, passengerside
> top engine compartment by #5 sparkplug or so.
> not much pressure/gas anyway.

the original clamps can't be reused???

Old June 6th 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Chumley

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Jun 4, 8:49 pm, "chumley" > wrote:

>> m...

>> > It will relieve it's self as soon as you pull the first line off.
>> > You
>> > need the removal tool set too.

>> new special clamps to replace old to get back in too
>>
>> there is a button in the trunk, rear side on driver end, behind the
>> paneling
>> .
>> OR you can pressin the little "tire filler" on thefuelrail, passengerside
>> top engine compartment by #5 sparkplug or so.
>> not much pressure/gas anyway.

> the original clamps can't be reused???

big clamps that hold the thing yes.
but there are small plastic clamps on the connectors which should be
replaced, and should come with the new filter.

Old June 6th 07, 01:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox

chumley wrote:
> "WindsorFox" > wrote in message
>> wrote:

>>> now that i know the location of the filter (right where you
>>> described)...how do i relive the pressure in the line?
>>>

>> It will relieve it's self as soon as you pull the first line off. You
>> need the removal tool set too.
>>

> new special clamps to replace old to get back in too
>
> there is a button in the trunk, rear side on driver end, behind the paneling
> .
> OR you can pressin the little "tire filler" on the fuel rail, passengerside
> top engine compartment by #5 sparkplug or so.
> not much pressure/gas anyway.

Dude, WTF are you talking about??