Error Code 27

Old July 27th 06, 10:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
GTI

Default Error Code 27

I have gotten this code since I got my crate engine started. I have
checked the wires and all that good stuff. What can I do to correct
this issue?

Old July 28th 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Lon

GTI proclaimed:

> I have gotten this code since I got my crate engine started. I have
> checked the wires and all that good stuff. What can I do to correct
> this issue?

Check em again. You have a fuel injector that isn't moving when hit
with a feed pulse. Or if it is moving the feedback isn't getting back
properly. Might be damaged wire in the feedback if the engine is
running *smoothly*. Could be a jammed injector but would expect that
to cause a bit of roughness much like an injector not opening. If
jammed open, you'd know it already.

Old July 28th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
GTI

Lon wrote:
> GTI proclaimed:
>
> > I have gotten this code since I got my crate engine started. I have
> > checked the wires and all that good stuff. What can I do to correct
> > this issue?
> >

> Check em again. You have a fuel injector that isn't moving when hit
> with a feed pulse. Or if it is moving the feedback isn't getting back
> properly. Might be damaged wire in the feedback if the engine is
> running *smoothly*. Could be a jammed injector but would expect that
> to cause a bit of roughness much like an injector not opening. If
> jammed open, you'd know it already.

Yeah it idles rough. I was thinking it could be clogged up.

Old July 28th 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jerry Bransford

While your fuel injector could conceivably be clogged up, that rarely
happens in today's engine's with today's fuels. I am around auto techs
a lot and the older ones say they don't see clogged fuel injectors today
like they used to. Reason being better/more fuel injector cleaning
additives in all grades of most gasolines together with much better fuel
filtration systems.

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY
Old July 28th 06, 08:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW

Jerry Bransford wrote:
> While your fuel injector could conceivably be clogged up, that rarely
> happens in today's engine's with today's fuels. I am around auto
> techs a lot and the older ones say they don't see clogged fuel
> injectors today like they used to. Reason being better/more fuel
> injector cleaning additives in all grades of most gasolines together
> with much better fuel filtration systems.

It's possible that GTI accidentally swapped injector wires.
Can't remember which pair but I know two of them both come out
the same location on the rail. That's why the noid lights are
handy.

Some shops also have the Sun tool that can watch both spark and
injectors to determine what's going on.

I'd start with a noid light first.

--
DougW

Old July 29th 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Lon

I'd agree for reasonably normal operation above freezing, but I may have
falsely presumed that the new engine did not come with new injectors...
or if it did, possibly one is no good.

Jerry Bransford proclaimed:

Old July 29th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
GTI

Lon wrote:
> I'd agree for reasonably normal operation above freezing, but I may have
> falsely presumed that the new engine did not come with new injectors...
> or if it did, possibly one is no good.
>
> Jerry Bransford proclaimed:
> > While your fuel injector could conceivably be clogged up, that rarely
> > happens in today's engine's with today's fuels. I am around auto techs
> > a lot and the older ones say they don't see clogged fuel injectors today
> > like they used to. Reason being better/more fuel injector cleaning
> > additives in all grades of most gasolines together with much better fuel
> > filtration systems.
> >
> > GTI wrote:

> >> Yeah it idles rough. I was thinking it could be clogged up.

I checked to make sure I didn't have any of the injectors switched
around. The #1 and #2 injector come out of the same hole. I thought I
had them backwards but I switched them around and I still have the same
error code. Tomorrow is a new day nd I will be out early to see what i
can figure out.

Old July 29th 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
bllsht[_1_]

The computer cannot detect a stuck or plugged injector. It only monitors the
electrical circuit integrity. There is an open or a short in one of your
injector circuits. Start by determining which cylinder is misfiring, then check
wiring to that injector and resistance across the injector terminals.