Very shy Alfa - won't open up to anyone...

Old November 28th 04, 04:28 PM
Steve W

Default Very shy Alfa - won't open up to anyone...

I've had my Alpha 156 v6 for 4 years now (98 model).

We've been through all the usual problems - electrics, tyre shredding and
brake disk chomping without bearing each other any (apparent) malice.

However, tonight after getting home from work, I got out of the car, closed
the door and opened the rear to get my jacket out. Only that would have
happened if I could open the rear door.

Thinking OK, been a long day, can't be bothered to get wriled, I'll reach
through from the front and get it that way and give the tempermental b**tch
some grief in the morning.

Only the front doors wouldn't open now.

Not even with the key (even though the plunger is in the open position)

Called the AA man out and short of putting a brick through the window (I
prefer a car I couldn't open, to one that would have a dropout asleep in
there in the morning given where I live), he couldn't open the door either.

Any ideas guys?

Trouble is, I've left my radio on.

PS I can open the boot, but this doesn't help me much.

PPS The alarm packed up months ago. Would this have any bearing in the
matter? Just strange that the key doesn't do anything when turned in the
lock...

Old November 28th 04, 05:26 PM
Andy Wilson

Remember that Alfas are designed as left hand drive, sometimes the passenger
door will work when no others do because it thinks it is the driver door.

Andy Wilson

Old November 28th 04, 07:31 PM
Steve W

I'll try this Andy, thanks

Old November 29th 04, 07:07 PM
Antti

"Steve W" > wrote in message
> I've had my Alpha 156 v6 for 4 years now (98 model).
>
> We've been through all the usual problems - electrics, tyre shredding and
> brake disk chomping without bearing each other any (apparent) malice.

How usual are these Ive got same 98 model and havent had any of these
problems Some other minor
things though

antti