Speed Limit: 5 mph

Old March 18th 11, 01:43 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

Default Speed Limit: 5 mph

Speed limit lowered after resident complained of rough ride

Justin Williams FOX6 Reporter
6:24 p.m. CDT, March 15, 2011

WITI-TV, RACINE —
A Racine County road in the Town of Raymond boasted a speed limit of
five miles an hour. This, because it's just too rough to drive at
normal speed, 45 miles an hour.

It's a stretch of Waukesha Road between Highway G and 5 Mile Rd. that
has drivers a bit annoyed and frustrated.

"My car won't go five miles an hour! I can't run it that slow," said
neighbor Tom Lesch.

Lesch has lived along the road for more than a decade. He says it's
been a rougher ride home in recent weeks."I've never seen a road, that
cars travel on, that's a regular road, that is five miles and hour.
That's ridiculous," said Lesch.

Town of Raymond chairman Gary Kastenson says the town has already
scheduled a major repair project for this summer. The new road should
be completed by the end of the construction season.

Late Tuesday afternoon, the tape on the regular speed limit sign was
gone. The old 45 mile an hour speed limit is posted once again.

Copyright © 2011, WITI-TV
http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-201...,2841240.story
-----

- gpsman
Old March 19th 11, 06:51 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year

Have they had any fatalities with the 5 limit?