Replacing battery in 93 coupe

Old March 30th 06, 02:32 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default Replacing battery in 93 coupe

How to correctly replace a dead battery in a C4 Corvette
http://www.corvettemagazine.com/2001...ttery/bat1.asp

Old March 30th 06, 03:05 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

The first time I replaced a battery in my C4 it took me about an hour.
The next couple of times it took me 15-20 minutes.
Taking the screws off and removing the side panel is probably the
hardest thing about it.
If you are careful, really careful, you can leave the bottoms ones on
and bend the panel gently back until you have enough room to remove
the battery.
One hint: Before you start turn your wheel so you have room to work
with in the wheel well.

Old March 30th 06, 01:52 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Having read through the Corvette Mag article I can say that in all the
years I had a C4 (1985 on) I installed several batteries and never
once loosened any rocker panel screws. You can get to the side panel
lower bolt fairly easily without doing that. But they seemed to want
to make it look hard when the first picture showed the front wheel
removed. Later they were removing screws with the front wheel on and
point straight ahead. DUH!!! You don't have to remove the wheel but
turning to the left makes it much easier to get to those screws.

I second the Interstate battery recommendation. That is the only
battery company I have bought from in the past 25 years and I have
never had a problem with one. They last 4-8 years depending on usage
(drive them every day to make them last) and if you ever have a
problem, there are dealers everywhere in the US.

You can impress people by telling them that the first thing you have
to do to replace the battery in a Corvette is remove the fender (think
about it, that panel serves the function of a fender on a regular car)
but the time to replace a battery should be less than 30 minutes
including cleanup.

Dale

On or about Wed, 29 Mar 2006 19:32:18 -0600, Bob I