cops and corvettes

Old March 2nd 06, 06:54 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default cops and corvettes

This morning I went to starbucks for coffee. I took my vette out (One
of the two times a week its taken to work). When I came out I saw 2
uniformed cops giving it the walkaround.
I panicked for a second, but then I realized they were just admiring
it..
So I walked up and said "morning officers" with a big smile :-)
One of them asked, is it a '75 ?, I said no ..'77. (bigger smile :-))

We spent about 5 minutes talking about the vette and one of the cops
told me he owned a '73 camaro that he's working on. "Great Job" said
one of them. "well, I've only just begun on the interior restoration",
I said. "Give it 6 months and this baby will be good as new."

I got in and drove off with my flowmasters growling deep, and so damned
proud of my vette.

Moral of the story:
It's better to be appreciated by a cop than to be chased or stopped by
one, in my book.

Old March 2nd 06, 08:06 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

I have seen a few Corvette highway patrol cars..must be a fun way to
patrol....( Fl and Ca ).

Old March 2nd 06, 08:36 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

I saw a 99 camaro California Highway Patrol car speeding about on the
expressway once.
It was white.

Old March 2nd 06, 09:13 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Or they "steal" them from people who are caught with a joint or a roach
in the car.

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove –SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

Old March 3rd 06, 08:34 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Thast's all fine and dandy but don't pass one on superbowl day after the
butthead's team loses. The guy did a whole lot more than admire the car, he
threatened to arrest me. I asked him what for and he said, "You passed me."
"And this is against the law I asked?" He said nothing and walked away.
All is relative, just depends on what is going on at the time.
oups.com...

Old March 3rd 06, 12:47 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On 2 Mar 2006 10:54:34 -0800, "E_Tar" > puked:

>This morning I went to starbucks for coffee. I took my vette out (One
>of the two times a week its taken to work). When I came out I saw 2
>uniformed cops giving it the walkaround.
>I panicked for a second, but then I realized they were just admiring
>it..
>So I walked up and said "morning officers" with a big smile :-)
>One of them asked, is it a '75 ?, I said no ..'77. (bigger smile :-))
>
>We spent about 5 minutes talking about the vette and one of the cops
>told me he owned a '73 camaro that he's working on. "Great Job" said
>one of them. "well, I've only just begun on the interior restoration",
>I said. "Give it 6 months and this baby will be good as new."
>
>I got in and drove off with my flowmasters growling deep, and so damned
>proud of my vette.
>
>Moral of the story:
>It's better to be appreciated by a cop than to be chased or stopped by
>one, in my book.

Maybe if you get a little heavy on the foot one day you'll be lucky
enough to be pulled over by one of those guys...
--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Old March 3rd 06, 03:45 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 11:54:34 -0700, E_Tar > wrote:

> This morning I went to starbucks for coffee. I took my vette out (One
> of the two times a week its taken to work). When I came out I saw 2
> uniformed cops giving it the walkaround.
> I panicked for a second, but then I realized they were just admiring
> it..
> So I walked up and said "morning officers" with a big smile :-)
> One of them asked, is it a '75 ?, I said no ..'77. (bigger smile :-))
>
> We spent about 5 minutes talking about the vette and one of the cops
> told me he owned a '73 camaro that he's working on. "Great Job" said
> one of them. "well, I've only just begun on the interior restoration",
> I said. "Give it 6 months and this baby will be good as new."
>
> I got in and drove off with my flowmasters growling deep, and so damned
> proud of my vette.
>
> Moral of the story:
> It's better to be appreciated by a cop than to be chased or stopped by
> one, in my book.

Well, there are different sorts of cop here in Phoenix. City cops walk
round, trying to find something to ticket you for. DPS (Highway Patrol)
are more likely to be admirers - and when they stop you, guess which one
is more likely to give you a warning & which WILL give you a ticket, every
time.
Old March 3rd 06, 09:21 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

I guess they figure any guy in a corvette is just itching to break the
law.
Or maybe any car that is capable of crossing 65miles an hour. :-)

Old March 4th 06, 11:03 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

I was driving in the fast lane doing 57 or 58 MPH in a 55 speed limit zone.
Pulled over by a state trooper with a brand new shiny badge. (Possibly
REALLY new and REALLY shiny). He asked me if I knew why he pulled me over.
Me reply was "I have NO idea" He indicated that he pulled me over for not
having a front tag on my Vette. I gave him my lic/registration and he went
back to his car. Evidently he got a call for an accident while he was
running my info. (Zero points-- can't remember last time I had a ticket)

Here's a side of the road quote:

"I patrol this road and the chances of me seeing you again are very, very,
very, very, very, very, very, very and I mean very (angry studder somewhere
in there) good and next time I' ll have time to write you up.

I wonder how many accidents are caused by these jerk offs pulling people
over for insignificant offenses on a crazy busy high speed road? That same
road (Rt 100 in Maryland) had an eight car pileup caused by a state trooper
literally jumping into the fast lane to signal a car to pull over. When
that car hit the brakes it caused the pileup to happen. Three days after
the pileup, my wife was pulled over the same way-- with my kid and mother in
law in her SUV.

-Stan

Here's waving at ya Ennis!

http://photobucket.com/albums/f21/sb...t=100_0018.jpg

oups.com...

Old March 4th 06, 08:38 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On 4-Mar-2006, "sbright" > wrote:

> I wonder how many accidents are caused by these jerk offs pulling people
> over for insignificant offenses on a crazy busy high speed road? That
> same
> road (Rt 100 in Maryland) had an eight car pileup caused by a state
> trooper
> literally jumping into the fast lane to signal a car to pull over. When
> that car hit the brakes it caused the pileup to happen. Three days after
> the pileup, my wife was pulled over the same way-- with my kid and mother
> in
> law in her SUV.

If they were speeding like you they deserved to be pulled over.