Echo Tip...Good Idea?

Old July 12th 05, 04:07 AM
Andrew Stone via CarKB.com

Default Echo Tip...Good Idea?

I own a '92 Saturn SL2...has anyone with the similar make/model used an echo
tip or have any suggestions/opinions about using them. Personally I like the
semi-big sound that comes out of them.

Any information would be appreciated.

--
Thanks,
Andrew

Old July 13th 05, 02:08 PM
marx404

What is an echo tip? Personally, for both performance and sound, if you are
referring to mufflers, I assume, I like Dynomax Superturbo mufflers.

marx404

Old July 15th 05, 01:44 AM
Andrew Stone via CarKB.com

>What is an echo tip?

An Echo Tip is a chrome tip you bolt onto the end of your tailpipe...it has a
special inner lining that gives off a resonated sound. I bought one and tried
it out...not much difference because it still has the muffler. I've seen them
around town and like the look of them, but the performance factor...it's just
not worth buying. Go out and spend your money and get the entire system
replaced to make it sound tougher.

--
Andrew

Old July 16th 05, 12:04 PM
marx404

Oh, Pacesetter makes one. you can find it an ina Import Tuner or Sport
Compact Mag. ad.

marx404

Old July 16th 05, 07:52 PM
blah blah

Best sounding 4 bangers are the ones you dont hear...