Texas and Defensive Driving

Old June 27th 05, 08:30 PM
guy

Default Texas and Defensive Driving

In Texas, you can get a ticket dismissed (if the judge lets you) if you
take a defensive driving class. You can only take one class every 12
months. Is there a state data base of who takes the class when, or does
the judge accept that you're being honest when you swear you haven't
taken a class in the last 12 months?

Old June 27th 05, 09:12 PM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

guy wrote:
> In Texas, you can get a ticket dismissed (if the judge lets you) if you
> take a defensive driving class. You can only take one class every 12
> months. Is there a state data base of who takes the class when, or does
> the judge accept that you're being honest when you swear you haven't
> taken a class in the last 12 months?

Good lord. Talk about criminal coddling. Some psycho doing 100 mph
and terrorizing the highways doesn't even get a fine.

Old June 27th 05, 10:06 PM

guy wrote:
> In Texas, you can get a ticket dismissed (if the judge lets you) if you
> take a defensive driving class. You can only take one class every 12
> months. Is there a state data base of who takes the class when, or does
> the judge accept that you're being honest when you swear you haven't
> taken a class in the last 12 months?

Considering how easy it would be to implement such a database, and that
DMVs and insurance companies want this information, I'm sure such a
database was implemented long ago. In SC, you're not asked if you've
taken the class, as the powers that be know. :-)

Old June 27th 05, 11:09 PM

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> guy wrote:
> > In Texas, you can get a ticket dismissed (if the judge lets you) if you
> > take a defensive driving class. You can only take one class every 12
> > months. Is there a state data base of who takes the class when, or does
> > the judge accept that you're being honest when you swear you haven't
> > taken a class in the last 12 months?

> Good lord. Talk about criminal coddling. Some psycho doing 100 mph
> and terrorizing the highways doesn't even get a fine.

Where did he say he was doing 100mph? Was this in David Icke's book?

Old June 28th 05, 08:14 AM
L Sternn

On 27 Jun 2005 13:12:51 -0700, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend"
> wrote:

>guy wrote:
>> In Texas, you can get a ticket dismissed (if the judge lets you) if you
>> take a defensive driving class. You can only take one class every 12
>> months. Is there a state data base of who takes the class when, or does
>> the judge accept that you're being honest when you swear you haven't
>> taken a class in the last 12 months?

>Good lord. Talk about criminal coddling. Some psycho doing 100 mph
>and terrorizing the highways doesn't even get a fine.

Actually, you might want to learn WTF you're talking about before you
demonstrate your ignorance - once again.

If you're busted for 100 mph, you will be high enough over the limit
that you won't be eligible for defensive driving.

You might even get arrested, but even if you take defensive driving,
you'll still pay a fine, even though it won't be called a "fine".
(court fees, fees for obtaining certified copy of your driving record
from the state, fees for your Defensive Driving class, and various
other fees for the court).

Old June 28th 05, 04:48 PM

L Sternn wrote:
> On 27 Jun 2005 13:12:51 -0700, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend"
> > wrote:
>

> >guy wrote:
> >> In Texas, you can get a ticket dismissed (if the judge lets you) if you
> >> take a defensive driving class. You can only take one class every 12
> >> months. Is there a state data base of who takes the class when, or does
> >> the judge accept that you're being honest when you swear you haven't
> >> taken a class in the last 12 months?

> >Good lord. Talk about criminal coddling. Some psycho doing 100 mph
> >and terrorizing the highways doesn't even get a fine.

> Actually, you might want to learn WTF you're talking about before you
> demonstrate your ignorance - once again.
>
> If you're busted for 100 mph, you will be high enough over the limit
> that you won't be eligible for defensive driving.
>
> You might even get arrested, but even if you take defensive driving,
> you'll still pay a fine, even though it won't be called a "fine".
> (court fees, fees for obtaining certified copy of your driving record
> from the state, fees for your Defensive Driving class, and various
> other fees for the court).

That's criminal coddling. Reckless drivers are killers and maimers and
i want them punished bad.

Old June 28th 05, 08:35 PM

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> L Sternn wrote:
> > On 27 Jun 2005 13:12:51 -0700, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend"
> > > wrote:

> > >Good lord. Talk about criminal coddling. Some psycho doing 100 mph
> > >and terrorizing the highways doesn't even get a fine.

> > Actually, you might want to learn WTF you're talking about before you
> > demonstrate your ignorance - once again.
> >
> > If you're busted for 100 mph, you will be high enough over the limit
> > that you won't be eligible for defensive driving.
> >
> > You might even get arrested, but even if you take defensive driving,
> > you'll still pay a fine, even though it won't be called a "fine".
> > (court fees, fees for obtaining certified copy of your driving record
> > from the state, fees for your Defensive Driving class, and various
> > other fees for the court).

> That's criminal coddling. Reckless drivers are killers and maimers and
> i want them punished bad.

We'll believe you when you start hounding Teddy Kennedy. Or do you
think DUIs should get a free "get out of jail" card because they are
democratic senators?

Old June 28th 05, 08:42 PM
Paul.

On 28 Jun 2005 12:35:46 -0700, , said the following in
rec.autos.driving...

> Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:

> > That's criminal coddling. Reckless drivers are killers and maimers and
> > i want them punished bad.

> We'll believe you when you start hounding Teddy Kennedy. Or do you
> think DUIs should get a free "get out of jail" card because they are
> democratic senators?

I'll believe it when judy starts hounding itself....

--
"> Have you ever driven a car faster than the legal speed limit?

Yes, but never deliberately. In fact i got a speeding ticket about 5
years ago for doing 41 in a 25. I just about kicked the cops teeth in
cause i was sure he was lying. No way the SL on this wide open
stretch could be 25, i thought."

Pride of America (c.k.a. "laura bush murdered her boyfriend"), 10/3/2002
http://tinyurl.com/5u4wg

Connecting "judy," to POA to LBMHB:
See the following: http://tinyurl.com/ahphj