98' Jetta fuel quantity gauge and coolant temp gauge problem.

Old March 7th 05, 04:34 AM
Paynter7378

Default 98' Jetta fuel quantity gauge and coolant temp gauge problem.

I am having a problem with my 98' Jetta GLX VR6 electronics. I just
purchased the car 2 days ago and yesterday my fuel quantity gauge and my
coolant temp. gauge stopped working on me. My left instrument panel back
light doesn't work either, I am not sure if the two problems are related
or not? Has anyone ever seen this before? I don't know the first place
to look, never worked on a VW before. I would appreciate any suggestions
that anyone has. Thank You.

Old March 7th 05, 01:59 PM

Does the owners manual show where the fusebox is? On my 2003 Jetta it
is visible on the edge of the dash when the left door is open. Start
by checking fuses.

"Paynter7378" > wrote:

>I am having a problem with my 98' Jetta GLX VR6 electronics. I just
>purchased the car 2 days ago and yesterday my fuel quantity gauge and my
>coolant temp. gauge stopped working on me. My left instrument panel back
>light doesn't work either, I am not sure if the two problems are related
>or not? Has anyone ever seen this before? I don't know the first place
>to look, never worked on a VW before. I would appreciate any suggestions
>that anyone has. Thank You.

Jim B.