L300 6 cylinder wagon

Old July 11th 04, 11:17 PM
Art

Default L300 6 cylinder wagon

Parents just bought one. I'm surprised by how much pressure the accelerator
pedal takes to get the car moving from a stop compared to other cars I've
driven. Wondering if this is typical or should the dealer check it.

Old July 14th 04, 04:26 AM
Dana Rohleder

Have the dealer take a look. Mine feels normal, and I've owned ~20 cars. I
test drove a new L300 4 cyl and the pedal had at least 3/4" of dead space
before it would do anything. They must be adjustable.

2002 LW300

.net...

Old July 14th 04, 08:35 PM
Art

Called Saturn dealer service dept. Service writer did not know but he
checked with someone and said there was no adjustment to the drive by wire
throttle control. For what its worth.

Old July 17th 04, 10:45 PM
Dana Rohleder

What I am talking about is simply adjusting the pedal - or possibly it is
binding or something is interfering with the motion of the pedal, like a
floor mat.

--
Dana C. Rohleder
Port Kent, NY
ink.net...

Old July 17th 04, 10:46 PM
Dana Rohleder

What I am talking about is simply adjusting the pedal - or possibly it is
binding or something is interfering with the motion of the pedal, like a
floor mat.

--
Dana C. Rohleder
Port Kent, NY
ink.net...

Old July 18th 04, 08:23 PM
Art

I took a look at the gas pedal with a flashlight. All it is is a pedal
attached by a bent rod to a plastic box and a connector at the top of the
box with wires coming out. No obvious adjustment ability of the spring
unless it is inside the box. It is my father's car and I drove it today
after not driving it for a week and the pedal felt better today. Might just
need some breaking in.

"Dana Rohleder" > wrote in message
> What I am talking about is simply adjusting the pedal - or possibly it is
> binding or something is interfering with the motion of the pedal, like a
> floor mat.
>
> --
> Dana C. Rohleder
> Port Kent, NY
> "Art" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
> > Called Saturn dealer service dept. Service writer did not know but he
> > checked with someone and said there was no adjustment to the drive by

wire
> > throttle control. For what its worth.
> >

> > "Dana Rohleder" > wrote in message
> > > Have the dealer take a look. Mine feels normal, and I've owned ~20

cars.
> > > test drove a new L300 4 cyl and the pedal had at least 3/4" of dead

> space
> > > before it would do anything. They must be adjustable.
> > >
> > > 2002 LW300
> > >
> > > "Art" > wrote in message
> > > .net...
> > > accelerator

> > I've

96 GC - leaking master cylinder gad Dodge 2 December 6th 04 08:20 PM
'97 Voyager - Brakes MamaB Dodge 20 December 6th 04 01:26 AM
allroad or A6 avant versus Mercedes c320 or E320 wagon Rich Williamson Audi 9 May 26th 04 05:48 PM
1949 Cadillac: #1 Cylinder? Andreas Tovornik Antique cars 0 July 25th 03 02:47 PM