98 SL2 shakes when accelerating....?

Old July 18th 04, 04:22 PM
Blah Blah

In article et>,
"Zaphod" <kne****removetoemail*()%$#eonjelly@(nospam)mindsp ring.com>
says...
> > > The words "when I accelerate" would eliminate the tire.
> > >

> No, years ago when I had a jeep I would get some serious shaking due to a
> tire being off balance. The shaking only occured with in a certain range,
> any speed below or above that range and I would be fine.
>
> Mark.

Dammit people. Like the post said during an "acceleration" it shakes.
NOT SPEED RELATED! The clue is that it shakes under "LOAD". If it shook
at a given speed or increased shaking with increased speed I would say
yes its the tire but he said at about 3500 RPM it shakes. And as I also
said in another post that can be ruled out or narrowed down by a tire
rotation.
Old July 19th 04, 02:09 PM
Napalm Heart

"Blah Blah" > wrote in message
> In article et>,
> "Zaphod" <kne****removetoemail*()%$#eonjelly@(nospam)mindsp ring.com>
> says...
> > > >

> > No, years ago when I had a jeep I would get some serious shaking

due to a
> > tire being off balance. The shaking only occured with in a

certain range,
> > any speed below or above that range and I would be fine.
> >
> > Mark.
> >

> Dammit people. Like the post said during an "acceleration" it

shakes.
> NOT SPEED RELATED! The clue is that it shakes under "LOAD". If it

shook
> at a given speed or increased shaking with increased speed I would

say
> yes its the tire but he said at about 3500 RPM it shakes. And as I

also
> said in another post that can be ruled out or narrowed down by a

tire
> rotation.

Extra strong coffee this morning? ;+)