Engine light goes on, air conditioning/blower goes off

Old July 12th 04, 03:13 AM
Robert P.

Default Engine light goes on, air conditioning/blower goes off

I had just started up the car when I noticed that both the air conditioning
or the blower weren't working at all. A few seconds later I noticed the
engine light was on, so I pulled over and checked the oil. After I started
it up again, the engine light went off and the air conditioner and blower
worked just fine.

So what kind of trouble am I in here? The car is a '95 Saturn SL-1, with
120,000+ miles on it. Does this sound related to the exhaust system?
Old July 13th 04, 02:10 AM
Oppie

Sounds like a Microsoft product...
All it needed was a Re-Boot.

Could be a bit of corrosion on one of the connectors or fuses. Often pulling
the fuses and connectors and then mating them again them just burnishes the
contact areas enough to get a good contact again
Oppie

Old July 17th 04, 08:48 PM
Robert P.

Thanks, I'll take a look. That's also the sort of thing I can do
reasonably safely.

"Oppie" > wrote in
: