1999 SL2 passenger side mirror

Old August 24th 05, 09:53 PM
Pete KE9OA

Default 1999 SL2 passenger side mirror

Are there any sources besided Saturn dealers for this part? One of the
neighbor's garbage cans blew into my car as I was making a turn and the
passenger side mirror broke off. It flew somewhere into the local swamp, so
finding it is out of the question.

Pete

Old August 24th 05, 11:01 PM
Bob Shuman

Junk/salvage yard units would be much cheaper.

Old August 25th 05, 10:56 AM
Pete KE9OA

That is the first plan I tried, but I haven't been able to locate one.

Pete

Old August 25th 05, 02:55 PM
Bob Shuman

Pete,

I've never ordered from these guys, but they get some rave reviews from
others who have used them in this newsgroup. They appear to specialize in
engines, transmissions, and larger body/chassis parts, but hey, if they have
this many cars to take the parts from, then they must have the smaller stuff
like mirrors too. Why don't you give them a call or send email and ask? If
they say they don't sell them, they can likely point you to someone local
who does.

http://www.6thplanetusedparts.com/

Bob

Old August 25th 05, 08:18 PM
Mephistopheles Jones

The same mirror on a 1993 SL2 cost me $20 at the dealership. You could
probably find it cheaper on Ebay.

Old August 26th 05, 02:14 PM
Pete KE9OA

Thanks folks................I will give these links a try!

Pete

news:1125026216.c8a5e68f32ce60f68e78d81c61a3995f@t eranews...