junkyard in Los Angeles

Old August 25th 05, 12:51 AM
Mephistopheles Jones

Default junkyard in Los Angeles

Does anybody know of a junkyard in L.A. where I can get a driver seat
for my 1993 SL2? The back on my seat has collapsed.

Meph

Old August 25th 05, 01:01 AM
Roy

Collapsed as in won't stay upright? When I drove cab our shop used to just
lift the covering and weld the seat back together. They used to break
because some of the drivers kept their change in their pockets and when they
went digging they put a lot of pressure on the seat back. That and the
drunks pulling on them when they got in and out. Funny becasue everyone
blamed the heavy guys but the skinny ones were the hardest on the seats. I
stopped keeping my change in my pocket when the first seat gave out on me.
I don't know if you looked into it or if it would be more expensive than the
junkyard but maybe there is a shop that could fix your seat.
oups.com...

Old August 25th 05, 09:54 AM
Mephistopheles Jones

I think the metal support in the center of the back is just broken, so
that the top half of the back just hangs backwards. Also, a piece of
metal is sticking out which would poke me in the back if I didn't pad
it with a notepad. Does anyone know offhand if a 2001 SL2 seat will
work in a 1993 SL2? I'm eyeing this Ebay auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Satur...spagenameZWD1V