thump thump thump sound 93 sw2

Old April 6th 05, 04:07 PM

Default thump thump thump sound 93 sw2

Dear folks,
My 93 sw2 saturn is making a thump thump thump sound
when I drive it. It doesn't make the sound when the engine is running and
you're sitting still. It gets faster when the car speeds up. The sound
sounds like it is coming from the engine compartment just about in the
center (doesn't sound like it's coming from the tire area). What could this
be and how much is it likely to cost to get it fixed? The car has 166,000
miles on it so I've just been letting it make noise instead of taking it to
the dealer. If it doesn't cost too much I might consider getting it fixed.

Laura Watson

Old April 7th 05, 03:41 AM
Rich Soucie

sounds like rod knock
om...

Old April 7th 05, 08:53 PM
JB

Could be a motor mount or transmission mount.
Rod knock would be heard at ALL times.

Old April 7th 05, 10:08 PM
Rich Soucie

my bad shouldve read it more closley
"JB" > wrote in message news:ndg5e.563$Zn3.50@trnddc02...
> Could be a motor mount or transmission mount.
> Rod knock would be heard at ALL times.
>

> "Rich Soucie" > wrote in message
> > sounds like rod knock
> > > wrote in message
> > om...
> >> Dear folks,
> >> My 93 sw2 saturn is making a thump thump thump sound
> >> when I drive it. It doesn't make the sound when the engine is running
> >> and
> >> you're sitting still. It gets faster when the car speeds up. The

sound
> >> sounds like it is coming from the engine compartment just about in the
> >> center (doesn't sound like it's coming from the tire area). What could

> > this
> >> be and how much is it likely to cost to get it fixed? The car has
> >> 166,000
> >> miles on it so I've just been letting it make noise instead of taking

it
> >> the dealer. If it doesn't cost too much I might consider getting it

> > fixed.
> >>
> >> Laura Watson

Can someone identify this sound? JM Technology 10 January 23rd 05 03:24 PM
95 suburban. thump sound when stopping Chuck Technology 4 January 7th 05 02:10 PM
Things that go "Thump" in the night... Richard Cranium BMW 1 October 28th 04 01:38 AM
Strange sound KoStAhR Alfa Romeo 0 August 31st 04 11:07 PM
Jingling sound from leaf spring shackle dcbryan 4x4 5 July 5th 04 06:47 PM