Okay gearheads, need some advice. (again) lol

Old July 24th 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Blue Mesteno[_1_]

Default Okay gearheads, need some advice. (again) lol

"Blue Mesteno" > wrote in message
news

> "Joe" > wrote
>>> Screw Type Supercharging
>>> Manufacturer Availability:
>>> Kenne Belle - Whipple

> Lysholm? The one being used on the Ford GT?

The twin-screw supercharger was originally invented in the 1930's by Mr. Alf
Lysholm who was then Chief Engineer of SRM (Svenska Rotor Maskiner AB).
--
Scott W.
'68 Ranchero 500 302

Old July 25th 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Nicholas Anthony

"Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in message

>> Here is a nice link I found with information.
>> http://www.superchargersonline.com/content.asp?ID=5

> Personally, I wouldn't put too much credibility to this site, or for that
> many any site, that sells superchargers for a profit. There are many
> incorrect statements in the text you quoted.

And your response is? Another site that is specifically selling one type
versus a site that is impartial selling all different types of
Superchargers.

> http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...gt05-06_3v.htm

Here is a heads up comparison on a Corvette newsgroup.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=593480

bInteresting article in the August issue of Hot Rod.
Take a stroked 327 ci SBF with common aftermarket parts, and compare the
performance of the engine with commonly available Centrifugal (Paxton Novi
1200), Turbo (HP Performance T62-1), and Roots (Holley 174) supercharger
kits. Boost was limited to 9.5psi, non-intercooled.

--------------------------------Baseline------Centrifugal------Turbo--------Roots
Peak HP---------------------392@6000------617@6000----600@6000--535@6000
Peak TQ---------------------386@5200------561@5200----617@4200--513@4600
Min
@2500
Max
@6000
Ave HP(2500-6000rpm)-------310-------------412------------460---------394
Ave TQ(2500-6000rpm)-------365-------------494------------564---------483
Ave HP(4000-6000rpm)-------352-------------518------------555---------472
Ave TQ(4000-6000rpm)-------371-------------542------------585---------497

TQ@2500-----------------------------------------360------------490---------440
TQ@3000------------------------340-------------405------------500---------450
TQ@3500------------------------355-------------450------------560---------475
TQ@4000------------------------365-------------500------------610---------500
TQ@4500------------------------380-------------525------------610---------505
TQ@5000------------------------375-------------555------------600---------505
TQ@5500------------------------355-------------555------------560---------485
TQ@6000------------------------354-------------540------------530---------475

HP@2500-----------------------------------------170------------235---------210
HP@3000------------------------190-------------235------------290---------250
HP@3500------------------------240-------------300------------375---------325
HP@4000------------------------275-------------375------------455---------375
HP@4500------------------------325-------------450------------525---------445
HP@5000------------------------360-------------525------------575---------485
HP@5500------------------------380-------------575------------600---------510
HP@6000------------------------395-------------617------------600---------535

Old July 25th 06, 02:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson, PE

Nicholas Anthony wrote:
> "Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in message
>
>>> Here is a nice link I found with information.
>>> http://www.superchargersonline.com/content.asp?ID=5

>> Personally, I wouldn't put too much credibility to this site, or for that
>> many any site, that sells superchargers for a profit. There are many
>> incorrect statements in the text you quoted.

> And your response is? Another site that is specifically selling one type
> versus a site that is impartial selling all different types of
> Superchargers.

I have been dealing with Kenne Bell for several years. The numbers they
state are very close to those experienced by people who purchase and
install their kits. Check out the dyno numbers on sites such as "The
Corral" and you will find verification of KB's claims time and time
again. They have very few complaints from those that purchase their
blower kits.

I responded item for item about what was wrong with text you quoted. I
see you haven't bothered to make any statements proving me wrong.

>> http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...gt05-06_3v.htm

> Here is a heads up comparison on a Corvette newsgroup.
>
> http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=593480
> <snip>

Regarding the above link, first of all you need to school yourself on
the difference between Roots and twin screw blowers. They used a Roots
blower that was run at 8 psi while the others were run at 9.5 psi.
Also, a Holley 174 is not enough blower for that engine and boost level.
You do realize a twin screw is much more efficient than a Roots
blower? If they had used a twin screw of the proper size and at the
same boost level then that article might have been relevant to our
discussion. Regarding efficiency, the pecking order for forced
induction is turbos, twin screws, centrifugals and Roots.

Old July 26th 06, 08:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
BradandBrooks

God... I started this discussion and I'm as confused as ever! lol!

Seems that I should get a Kenne Bell, but there's that price issue...

So, going with the centrifugal, the Ford model, what is the proper great ratio?

I imagine 3.73s are too much...???

Thanks guys. It was VERY enlightening!

Brad

Old July 26th 06, 04:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson, PE

BradandBrooks wrote:
> God... I started this discussion and I'm as confused as ever! lol!
>
> Seems that I should get a Kenne Bell, but there's that price issue...

They are more expensive but there are some good trade offs for that
added expense. Plus, the kits for the 4.6L engines are complete. They
include fuel injectors, computer chip etc. so the installation is
complete and very reliable. When considering all that comes with the
kit the price isn't that bad. The 5.0L kits aren't as complete.

> So, going with the centrifugal, the Ford model, what is the proper great
> ratio?
>
> I imagine 3.73s are too much...???

The 3.73's might work well since you won't make much power in the lower
rpm range.

> Thanks guys. It was VERY enlightening!

That is what we are here for. Whatever you choose will put a smile on
your face.
Old July 27th 06, 06:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Chumley[_1_]

"Blue Mesteno" > wrote in message

> "Blue Mesteno" > wrote in message
> news
>>
>> "Joe" > wrote

>> Lysholm? The one being used on the Ford GT?

> The twin-screw supercharger was originally invented in the 1930's by Mr.
> Alf Lysholm who was then Chief Engineer of SRM (Svenska Rotor Maskiner
> AB).

I have a Keene Belle on a 93 5.0 and it is cool, lots of torque at 1800 rpm,
gets 6 to 8 lbs, nice whistling sound with it.

Old July 27th 06, 06:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Chumley[_1_]

"Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in message
> BradandBrooks wrote:
>> God... I started this discussion and I'm as confused as ever! lol!
>> Seems that I should get a Kenne Bell, but there's that price issue...

> They are more expensive but there are some good trade offs for that added
> expense. Plus, the kits for the 4.6L engines are complete. They include
> fuel injectors, computer chip etc. so the installation is complete and
> very reliable. When considering all that comes with the kit the price
> isn't that bad. The 5.0L kits aren't as complete.

I'm going with the KB, got one on my 93 5.0 for the last 10 years.
If you put a KB kit on 2006 with the intercooler do you need a new hood?
how bad is it trying to get the upper manifold off the 2006?

Old July 27th 06, 03:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson, PE

Chumley wrote:
> "Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in message
>> BradandBrooks wrote:
>>> God... I started this discussion and I'm as confused as ever! lol!
>>> Seems that I should get a Kenne Bell, but there's that price issue...

>> They are more expensive but there are some good trade offs for that added
>> expense. Plus, the kits for the 4.6L engines are complete. They include
>> fuel injectors, computer chip etc. so the installation is complete and
>> very reliable. When considering all that comes with the kit the price
>> isn't that bad. The 5.0L kits aren't as complete.
>>

> I'm going with the KB, got one on my 93 5.0 for the last 10 years.
> If you put a KB kit on 2006 with the intercooler do you need a new hood?
> how bad is it trying to get the upper manifold off the 2006?

Most KB kits don't require a new hood. I don't much about the newer
4.6L engines and how easy they are to work on.