Cat Back Exhaust

Old June 22nd 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Cat Back Exhaust

My muffler has blown out. It was from a cat back job done by Midas by the
previous owner three years ago. It sounds like a tough little car now but I
want to replace it with something close to stock. Any recommendations on
what to get? I see ANSA mufflers on Ebay for cheap and wonder if anyone has
an opinion of them.
Many thanks.
95bbb

Old June 22nd 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

In article <KSAmg.4535$V55.918@trndny01>,
"Christopher Muto" > wrote:

> It sounds like a tough little car now but I
> want to replace it with something close to stock. Any recommendations on
> what to get? I see ANSA mufflers on Ebay for cheap and wonder if anyone has
> an opinion of them.

I have no experience with the complete Ansa catback system, only the
bolt-on muffler. I had an Ansa for a few years. Slight surface rusting
is common around the logo stamped into the chrome tip, but it's under
the bumper and isn't easily noticed. The sound was deep and mellow, a
little louder than stock.

I got bored with it--not loud enough--and replaced it with FM Duals. I
sold the Ansa to a guy who needed a muffler badly.

For a used OEM catback, check the various miata.net sponsor vendors.
Many of them save OEM take-offs from customer cars. You might score one
for little more than the cost of shipping.

--
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis
Old June 23rd 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 17:58:02 GMT, "Christopher Muto" >
wrote:

>My muffler has blown out. It was from a cat back job done by Midas by the
>previous owner three years ago. It sounds like a tough little car now but I
>want to replace it with something close to stock. Any recommendations on
>what to get? I see ANSA mufflers on Ebay for cheap and wonder if anyone has
>an opinion of them.

I've had the Borla on my '95 R for several years, and love it. Simple, direct
cat-back replacement, just enough of a growl to add a bit of character. A
perfect Italian (think Alfa) tone.

-- Larry