2005 Miata MAZDASPEED

Old August 3rd 05, 01:04 AM
XS11E

wrote in:

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> If I was to go the used route...what models are best for doing a bolt
> on supercharger? A co-worker just bought a red '99 for about $9K...that
> sounded like a good price...about 60K miles, and in almost mint
> condition.
>
> Also, what are the best bang for the buck superchargers? Are they close
> to being 'bolt on' setups...I'm a mechanical noob...but, have friends
> that are fairly gear-headed...and would really like to learn to do this
> myself...

http://www.flyinmiata.com/news/ubercharger.php

http://www.miatamania.com/Browse/Pla...logID=14&Plate
TypeID=1&SubcomponentID=112

http://store.miataparts.org/vfenmisu.html

There's quite a bit of information and if you're interested in one or the
other, give them a call and ask for details. You might ask if they'll send
you a copy of the installation instructions which will tell you if it's
something you can do yourself or if you'll need help.

Or, if you're REALLY in a hurry, just stick with the non-supercharged car and
do this little modification:

http://www.diamondmotorsport.com/greenmiatas.htm

Old August 3rd 05, 01:06 AM
Leon van Dommelen

Lanny Chambers > wrote:

>Here's the Flyin' Miata MSM page:
>http://www.flyinmiata.com/projects/mazdaspeed.php

I am surprised that he seems to be willing to make special
parts for the MSM and even bought his own MSM for it.
Obviously the potential market will be very small and
impossible to grow.

Leon

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)
Old August 3rd 05, 02:45 AM
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
XS11E > wrote:

> There's quite a bit of information and if you're interested in one or the
> other, give them a call and ask for details. You might ask if they'll send
> you a copy of the installation instructions which will tell you if it's
> something you can do yourself or if you'll need help.

FM offers its instructions online:
http://www.flyinmiata.com/support/index.php

---
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis
Old August 4th 05, 01:15 AM
Leon van Dommelen

XS11E > wrote:

wrote in:

>> Thanks for the reply.
>>
>> If I was to go the used route...what models are best for doing a bolt
>> on supercharger? A co-worker just bought a red '99 for about $9K...that
>> sounded like a good price...about 60K miles, and in almost mint
>> condition.
>>
>> Also, what are the best bang for the buck superchargers? Are they close
>> to being 'bolt on' setups...I'm a mechanical noob...but, have friends
>> that are fairly gear-headed...and would really like to learn to do this
>> myself...

>http://www.flyinmiata.com/news/ubercharger.php
>
>http://www.miatamania.com/Browse/Pla...logID=14&Plate
>TypeID=1&SubcomponentID=112
>
>http://store.miataparts.org/vfenmisu.html
>
>There's quite a bit of information and if you're interested in one or the
>other, give them a call and ask for details. You might ask if they'll send
>you a copy of the installation instructions which will tell you if it's
>something you can do yourself or if you'll need help.

You cannot tell whether you can do something from the instructions. You only
find that out when you actually try to get wrenches on bolts, try to fit parts,
cut, bend, etcetera.

However, I agree that in some cases it is possible from the instructions alone
to see that it is something you *cannot* do.

Leon

>Or, if you're REALLY in a hurry, just stick with the non-supercharged car and
>do this little modification:
>
>http://www.diamondmotorsport.com/greenmiatas.htm

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)

Trade: 1994 Mazda Miata + $$$ for Karmann Ghia MoreOfTheBugs Mazda 2 January 23rd 05 09:57 PM
Looking to buy 1991 1.8 liter turbo miata pws Mazda 3 November 23rd 04 05:37 AM
Another Miata Owner Ken Lyons Mazda 4 November 13th 04 05:38 AM
Cruise Control for Mazdaspeed Miata Me Mazda 4 September 25th 04 12:59 AM
2005 S4 Cabriolet Newbie Ramzi Nassar Audi 4 August 7th 04 10:35 PM