2004 honda odyssey

Old July 13th 05, 01:10 AM
FairyT

Default 2004 honda odyssey

If I rotate my tires on my own how much will the balancing be affected
since I can not balance them myself.

Old July 13th 05, 04:02 AM
SoCalMike

FairyT wrote:
> If I rotate my tires on my own how much will the balancing be affected
> since I can not balance them myself.

i always rotate my own. shouldnt affect balance at all.
Old July 13th 05, 06:09 AM
Elle

You know those places that sell tires and then offer free rotations for the
life of the tire?

They charge extra for checking and adjusting balance. And it's often not
necessary. I've let my 1991 Civic's tires go through many rotations without
worrying about the balance. Instead, I wait for symptoms of an unbalanced
wheel, such as uneven tire wear, strange steering, or odd noise, before even
considering tire balancing. Also, if I hit something on the road with the
wheels, like a pothole, I might consider balancing.

One advantage of rotating tires yourself is you may pay more attention to
tire wear. Another advantage is you can have confidence the lug nuts are
torqued to spec, assuming you have a (properly calibrated) torque wrench.

"FairyT" > wrote

Old July 13th 05, 06:40 PM
motsco_ _

FairyT wrote:
> If I rotate my tires on my own how much will the balancing be affected
> since I can not balance them myself.

Rotating them dutifully will keep them wearing evenly. They will stay in
balance much longer. You can do a closer job of torqueing them by hand
than the dealer does with his air tools.

Be sure to buy a second scissor jack, and dont stand the car on it's
ear, just barely get them off the concrete.

'Curly'