Ditch '93 Cobra For New 5.0?

Old May 1st 10, 01:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Samuel Cassidy

Default Ditch '93 Cobra For New 5.0?

All this talk of '96 GTs, and here I just got one! I remember when you
got that Cobra, Patrick...and how torn you felt that it had "Op"s.
I'm glad to see it's still pounding the pavement. I don't have any
advice one way or another, though you do make a compelling argument
for getting a new "birth certificate." I'm just enjoying going through
all these messages again. Much luck in the decision.
Sam

Old June 8th 10, 01:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
NoOp[_3_]

On Apr 30, 7:52*pm, Samuel Cassidy > wrote:
> All this talk of '96 GTs, and here I just got one! I remember when you
> got that Cobra, Patrick...and how torn you felt that it had "Op"s.
> I'm glad to see it's still pounding the pavement. I don't have any
> advice one way or another, though you do make a compelling argument
> for getting a new "birth certificate." I'm just enjoying going through
> all these messages again. Much luck in the decision.

Sam,

It's hard to believe the Cobra entered my stable 12 years ago.

My new GT is going to be a return to my automotive roots -- all
business, no frills.

Patrick

Old June 8th 10, 03:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

NoOp wrote:
> On Apr 30, 7:52 pm, Samuel Cassidy > wrote:
>> All this talk of '96 GTs, and here I just got one! I remember when you
>> got that Cobra, Patrick...and how torn you felt that it had "Op"s.
>> I'm glad to see it's still pounding the pavement. I don't have any
>> advice one way or another, though you do make a compelling argument
>> for getting a new "birth certificate." I'm just enjoying going through
>> all these messages again. Much luck in the decision.

> Sam,
>
> It's hard to believe the Cobra entered my stable 12 years ago.
>
> My new GT is going to be a return to my automotive roots -- all
> business, no frills.
>
> Patrick

I spec'd one out on the web site for grins, I think it was over $34K
<kaff!>

--
..

"Ease up on the ko0laid m00nbat!" - L0afy
Old June 9th 10, 02:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_5_]

"WindsorFox<SS>" > wrote in message
> NoOp wrote:
>> On Apr 30, 7:52 pm, Samuel Cassidy > wrote:
>>> All this talk of '96 GTs, and here I just got one! I remember when you
>>> got that Cobra, Patrick...and how torn you felt that it had "Op"s.
>>> I'm glad to see it's still pounding the pavement. I don't have any
>>> advice one way or another, though you do make a compelling argument
>>> for getting a new "birth certificate." I'm just enjoying going through
>>> all these messages again. Much luck in the decision.

>> Sam,
>>
>> It's hard to believe the Cobra entered my stable 12 years ago.
>>
>> My new GT is going to be a return to my automotive roots -- all
>> business, no frills.
>>
>> Patrick
>>

> I spec'd one out on the web site for grins, I think it was over $34K
> <kaff!>
>
> --
> .
>

> "Ease up on the ko0laid m00nbat!" - L0afy

I come up with $30,890. The only option being 3.73 rear axle ratio. A true
NoOp version, but in black, please.

dwight

Old June 9th 10, 01:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On 6/8/2010 8:17 PM, dwight wrote:

> "WindsorFox<SS>" > wrote in message
>>> Sam,
>>>
>>> It's hard to believe the Cobra entered my stable 12 years ago.
>>>
>>> My new GT is going to be a return to my automotive roots -- all
>>> business, no frills.
>>>
>>> Patrick
>>>

>> I spec'd one out on the web site for grins, I think it was over $34K
>> <kaff!>
>>

> I come up with $30,890. The only option being 3.73 rear axle ratio. A
> true NoOp version, but in black, please.
>
> dwight

Oh, mine was definitely NOT a NoOp, the one I spec'ed would be more
comparable to a bathroom that has the fuzzy carpet on and around the
toilet....
Old June 10th 10, 02:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
NoOp[_3_]

On Jun 8, 8:17*pm, "dwight" > wrote:
> "WindsorFox<SS>" > wrote in message

> > NoOp wrote:

> >> Sam,

> >> It's hard to believe the Cobra entered my stable 12 years ago.

> >> My new GT is going to be a return to my automotive roots -- all
> >> business, no frills.

> >> Patrick

> > * I spec'd one out on the web site for grins, I think it was over $34K
> > <kaff!>

> I come up with $30,890. The only option being 3.73 rear axle ratio. A true
> NoOp version, but in black, please.

Add a security package, Brembo brake package and [rear] spoiler delete
and then you have the new "No-Option" Mustang. Oh, and of course it's
black. :-)

Note: I did ask about crank windows, manual lock/mirrors and no A/C,
but, sadly, that isn't an "option" anymore. :-(

Patrick
Old June 11th 10, 08:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
A Guy Named Steve

On Jun 9, 6:13*pm, NoOp > wrote:
> On Jun 8, 8:17*pm, "dwight" > wrote:

> > > * I spec'd one out on the web site for grins, I think it was over $34K
> > > <kaff!>

> > I come up with $30,890. The only option being 3.73 rear axle ratio. A true
> > NoOp version, but in black, please.

> Add a security package, Brembo brake package and [rear] spoiler delete
> and then you have the new "No-Option" Mustang. *Oh, and of course it's
> black. *:-)
>
> Note: I did ask about crank windows, manual lock/mirrors and no A/C,
> but, sadly, that isn't an "option" anymore. *:-(
>
> Patrick

Are they going to come out with an "R" model?

Steve
Old June 22nd 10, 02:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
NoOp[_3_]

On Jun 11, 2:09*pm, A Guy Named Steve > wrote:
> On Jun 9, 6:13*pm, NoOp > wrote:

> > > I come up with $30,890. The only option being 3.73 rear axle ratio. A true
> > > NoOp version, but in black, please.

> > Add a security package, Brembo brake package and [rear] spoiler delete
> > and then you have the new "No-Option" Mustang. *Oh, and of course it's
> > black. *:-)

> > Note: I did ask about crank windows, manual lock/mirrors and no A/C,
> > but, sadly, that isn't an "option" anymore. *:-(

> Are they going to come out with an "R" model?

I only know of a new Boss 302. For me, forget the "R". That
designation has, IMO, been WAYYYY over used by the industry.
Truthfully, I don't think a "LX theme" can be done anymore. Power
windows/locks/mirrors are standard fare now days. And, I even have to
concede A/C is [finally] a good thing. Back when the speed limit was
55-65 cruising with the windows down was comfortable. But with
highway speeds of 65+, and traffic routinely flowing at 75-80, going
"windows down" doesn't work too well, and really hampers performance.
So what I have coming -- cloth seats/rear spoiler delete -- is about
as "stripped" as you /need in this day and age.

Patrick

Old June 22nd 10, 11:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

NoOp wrote:
> On Jun 11, 2:09 pm, A Guy Named Steve > wrote:

>>> Add a security package, Brembo brake package and [rear] spoiler delete
>>> and then you have the new "No-Option" Mustang. Oh, and of course it's
>>> black. :-)
>>> Note: I did ask about crank windows, manual lock/mirrors and no A/C,
>>> but, sadly, that isn't an "option" anymore. :-(

>> Are they going to come out with an "R" model?

> I only know of a new Boss 302. For me, forget the "R". That
> designation has, IMO, been WAYYYY over used by the industry.
> Truthfully, I don't think a "LX theme" can be done anymore. Power
> windows/locks/mirrors are standard fare now days. And, I even have to
> concede A/C is [finally] a good thing. Back when the speed limit was
> 55-65 cruising with the windows down was comfortable. But with
> highway speeds of 65+, and traffic routinely flowing at 75-80, going
> "windows down" doesn't work too well, and really hampers performance.
> So what I have coming -- cloth seats/rear spoiler delete -- is about
> as "stripped" as you /need in this day and age.
>
> Patrick

You must be waay more tolerant for lack of A/C than I am, and you
could always just do a swap of the new 5.0 engine into the Cobra. P

--
..

"Ease up on the ko0laid m00nbat!" - L0afy
Old June 23rd 10, 02:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
NoOp[_3_]

On Jun 22, 5:13*pm, "WindsorFox<SS>" >
wrote:
> NoOp wrote:

> >> Are they going to come out with an "R" model?

> > I only know of a new Boss 302. *For me, forget the "R". *That
> > designation has, IMO, been WAYYYY over used by the industry.
> > Truthfully, I don't think a "LX theme" can be done anymore. *Power
> > windows/locks/mirrors are standard fare now days. *And, I even have to
> > concede A/C is [finally] a good thing. *Back when the speed limit was
> > 55-65 cruising with the windows down was comfortable. *But with
> > highway speeds of 65+, and traffic routinely flowing at 75-80, going
> > "windows down" doesn't work too well, and really hampers performance.
> > So what I have coming -- cloth seats/rear spoiler delete -- is about
> > as "stripped" as you /need in this day and age.

> * * You must be waay more tolerant for lack of A/C than I am, and you
> could always just do a swap of the new 5.0 engine into the Cobra. *P

I grew up without A/C, so it still seems a luxury to me.

Patrick