Ditch '93 Cobra For New 5.0?

Old April 6th 10, 10:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
NoOp[_2_]

Default Ditch '93 Cobra For New 5.0?

I'm kicking around the idea to let my 1993 Cobra go and replace it
with a new 5.0 Mustang. My dilemma: I only have a two-car garage.
And my wife's vehicle gets one of the slots, so that leaves me with
only one parking space. (I refuse to park the Cobra, or a new 5.0
Mustang, in the driveway or street and expose it to the elements
24/7. Not gonna happen!) I could keep the '93 Cobra, but at this
point in time the lil' snake's performance/235 HP is increasingly
becoming, what with nearly seemly everything these days sporting
300+HP, um, lets just say ho-hum. I realize "upgrading" the '93 is
very doable, but do I really want to go through the hassle, not to
mention turning it into just ANOTHER modified late-model Mustang?
(I've already done all the easily reversible mods.) Of course the
"fuel" for my current thinking/planning is that upcoming, honey of a
Mustang, the new 5.0 GT. 412HP, 6-speed trans, optional Bremo brakes,
and killer looks, what more could a rabid Mustang enthusiast ask for?
Okay, yeah, I know, a no-option/stripper version. But how can I
quibble about that now when I've been driving an "all-option" Cobra
for the past 12+ years. Straighten me out or talk me it in to it...
I'd like some feedback.

Patrick
Old April 6th 10, 10:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent[_4_]

On 2010-04-06, NoOp > wrote:
> I'm kicking around the idea to let my 1993 Cobra go and replace it
> with a new 5.0 Mustang. My dilemma: I only have a two-car garage.
> And my wife's vehicle gets one of the slots, so that leaves me with
> only one parking space. (I refuse to park the Cobra, or a new 5.0
> Mustang, in the driveway or street and expose it to the elements
> 24/7. Not gonna happen!) I could keep the '93 Cobra, but at this
> point in time the lil' snake's performance/235 HP is increasingly
> becoming, what with nearly seemly everything these days sporting
> 300+HP, um, lets just say ho-hum. I realize "upgrading" the '93 is
> very doable, but do I really want to go through the hassle, not to
> mention turning it into just ANOTHER modified late-model Mustang?
> (I've already done all the easily reversible mods.) Of course the
> "fuel" for my current thinking/planning is that upcoming, honey of a
> Mustang, the new 5.0 GT. 412HP, 6-speed trans, optional Bremo brakes,
> and killer looks, what more could a rabid Mustang enthusiast ask for?
> Okay, yeah, I know, a no-option/stripper version. But how can I
> quibble about that now when I've been driving an "all-option" Cobra
> for the past 12+ years. Straighten me out or talk me it in to it...
> I'd like some feedback.

1) garage sized storage unit.
2) build a bigger or additional garage
3) buy a four post lift or just a storage lift provided your garage
ceiling is high enough.

Old April 6th 10, 11:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
mary

"NoOp" > wrote in message
> I'm kicking around the idea to let my 1993 Cobra go and replace it
> with a new 5.0 Mustang. My dilemma: I only have a two-car garage.
> And my wife's vehicle gets one of the slots, so that leaves me with
> only one parking space. (I refuse to park the Cobra, or a new 5.0
> Mustang, in the driveway or street and expose it to the elements
> 24/7. Not gonna happen!) I could keep the '93 Cobra, but at this
> point in time the lil' snake's performance/235 HP is increasingly
> becoming, what with nearly seemly everything these days sporting
> 300+HP, um, lets just say ho-hum. I realize "upgrading" the '93 is
> very doable, but do I really want to go through the hassle, not to
> mention turning it into just ANOTHER modified late-model Mustang?
> (I've already done all the easily reversible mods.) Of course the
> "fuel" for my current thinking/planning is that upcoming, honey of a
> Mustang, the new 5.0 GT. 412HP, 6-speed trans, optional Bremo brakes,
> and killer looks, what more could a rabid Mustang enthusiast ask for?
> Okay, yeah, I know, a no-option/stripper version. But how can I
> quibble about that now when I've been driving an "all-option" Cobra
> for the past 12+ years. Straighten me out or talk me it in to it...
> I'd like some feedback.
>
> Patrick

check for low end torque, 93 has it.
the new 5.0s (especially automatics) have far less on the low end, gas
mileage optimization.

Computer has limits on things

Old April 7th 10, 01:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
GILL[_10_]

Mary wrote:
> "NoOp" > wrote in message
>> I'm kicking around the idea to let my 1993 Cobra go and replace it
>> with a new 5.0 Mustang. My dilemma: I only have a two-car garage.
>> And my wife's vehicle gets one of the slots, so that leaves me with
>> only one parking space. (I refuse to park the Cobra, or a new 5.0
>> Mustang, in the driveway or street and expose it to the elements
>> 24/7. Not gonna happen!) I could keep the '93 Cobra, but at this
>> point in time the lil' snake's performance/235 HP is increasingly
>> becoming, what with nearly seemly everything these days sporting
>> 300+HP, um, lets just say ho-hum. I realize "upgrading" the '93 is
>> very doable, but do I really want to go through the hassle, not to
>> mention turning it into just ANOTHER modified late-model Mustang?
>> (I've already done all the easily reversible mods.) Of course the
>> "fuel" for my current thinking/planning is that upcoming, honey of a
>> Mustang, the new 5.0 GT. 412HP, 6-speed trans, optional Bremo brakes,
>> and killer looks, what more could a rabid Mustang enthusiast ask for?
>> Okay, yeah, I know, a no-option/stripper version. But how can I
>> quibble about that now when I've been driving an "all-option" Cobra
>> for the past 12+ years. Straighten me out or talk me it in to it...
>> I'd like some feedback.
>>
>> Patrick

> check for low end torque, 93 has it.
> the new 5.0s (especially automatics) have far less on the low end, gas
> mileage optimization.
>
> Computer has limits on things

Yeah, and don't fall for any of that, dual overhead variable cams stuff,
it's all fluff!
Old April 7th 10, 02:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
freenews.netfront.net

Ditch the 93 and get the new GT!

Old April 7th 10, 03:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
NoOp[_3_]

On Apr 6, 4:55*pm, Brent > wrote:
> On 2010-04-06, NoOp > wrote:
>

> > I'm kicking around the idea to let my 1993 Cobra go and replace it
> > with a new 5.0 Mustang. *My dilemma: *I only have a two-car garage.
> > And my wife's vehicle gets one of the slots, so that leaves me with
> > only one parking space. *(I refuse to park the Cobra, or a new 5.0
> > Mustang, in the driveway or street and expose it to the elements
> > 24/7. *Not gonna happen!) *I could keep the '93 Cobra, but at this
> > point in time the lil' snake's performance/235 HP is increasingly
> > becoming, what with nearly seemly everything these days sporting
> > 300+HP, um, lets just say ho-hum. I realize "upgrading" the '93 is
> > very doable, but do I really want to go through the hassle, not to
> > mention turning it into just ANOTHER modified late-model Mustang?
> > (I've already done all the easily reversible mods.) *Of course the
> > "fuel" for my current thinking/planning is that upcoming, honey of a
> > Mustang, the new 5.0 GT. *412HP, 6-speed trans, optional Bremo brakes,
> > and killer looks, what more could a rabid Mustang enthusiast ask for?
> > Okay, yeah, I know, a no-option/stripper version. *But how can I
> > quibble about that now when I've been driving an "all-option" Cobra
> > for the past 12+ years. *Straighten me out or talk me it in to it...
> > I'd like some feedback.

> 1) garage sized storage unit.

I don't want to rent space.

> 2) build a bigger or additional garage

My lot is already tapped out.

> 3) buy a four post lift or just a storage lift provided your garage
> ceiling is high enough.

Not tall enough.

:-(

Patrick
Old April 7th 10, 03:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
NoOp[_3_]

On Apr 6, 5:05*pm, "Mary" > wrote:
> "NoOp" > wrote in message

> > I'm kicking around the idea to let my 1993 Cobra go and replace it
> > with a new 5.0 Mustang. *My dilemma: *I only have a two-car garage.
> > And my wife's vehicle gets one of the slots, so that leaves me with
> > only one parking space. *(I refuse to park the Cobra, or a new 5.0
> > Mustang, in the driveway or street and expose it to the elements
> > 24/7. *Not gonna happen!) *I could keep the '93 Cobra, but at this
> > point in time the lil' snake's performance/235 HP is increasingly
> > becoming, what with nearly seemly everything these days sporting
> > 300+HP, um, lets just say ho-hum. I realize "upgrading" the '93 is
> > very doable, but do I really want to go through the hassle, not to
> > mention turning it into just ANOTHER modified late-model Mustang?
> > (I've already done all the easily reversible mods.) *Of course the
> > "fuel" for my current thinking/planning is that upcoming, honey of a
> > Mustang, the new 5.0 GT. *412HP, 6-speed trans, optional Bremo brakes,
> > and killer looks, what more could a rabid Mustang enthusiast ask for?
> > Okay, yeah, I know, a no-option/stripper version. *But how can I
> > quibble about that now when I've been driving an "all-option" Cobra
> > for the past 12+ years. *Straighten me out or talk me it in to it...
> > I'd like some feedback.

> check for low end torque, 93 has it.
> the new 5.0s (especially automatics) have far less on the low end, gas
> mileage optimization.

> Computer has limits on things

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...ang-gt-50.html

Patrick
Old April 7th 10, 04:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

NoOp wrote:
> On Apr 6, 4:55 pm, Brent > wrote:
>> On 2010-04-06, NoOp > wrote:
>>

>>> I'm kicking around the idea to let my 1993 Cobra go and replace it
>>> with a new 5.0 Mustang. My dilemma: I only have a two-car garage.
>>> And my wife's vehicle gets one of the slots, so that leaves me with
>>> only one parking space. (I refuse to park the Cobra, or a new 5.0
>>> Mustang, in the driveway or street and expose it to the elements
>>> 24/7. Not gonna happen!) I could keep the '93 Cobra, but at this
>>> point in time the lil' snake's performance/235 HP is increasingly
>>> becoming, what with nearly seemly everything these days sporting
>>> 300+HP, um, lets just say ho-hum. I realize "upgrading" the '93 is
>>> very doable, but do I really want to go through the hassle, not to
>>> mention turning it into just ANOTHER modified late-model Mustang?
>>> (I've already done all the easily reversible mods.) Of course the
>>> "fuel" for my current thinking/planning is that upcoming, honey of a
>>> Mustang, the new 5.0 GT. 412HP, 6-speed trans, optional Bremo brakes,
>>> and killer looks, what more could a rabid Mustang enthusiast ask for?
>>> Okay, yeah, I know, a no-option/stripper version. But how can I
>>> quibble about that now when I've been driving an "all-option" Cobra
>>> for the past 12+ years. Straighten me out or talk me it in to it...
>>> I'd like some feedback.

>> 1) garage sized storage unit.

> I don't want to rent space.
>
>> 2) build a bigger or additional garage

> My lot is already tapped out.
>
>> 3) buy a four post lift or just a storage lift provided your garage
>> ceiling is high enough.

> Not tall enough.
>
> :-(
>
> Patrick

Time to move!!! LOL

--
..

"You show me ONE poster who says you have even one part
per million of a good name, and I'll show you a sock." - Bill
"the Roadie" Carton
Old April 7th 10, 04:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

Mary wrote:
> "NoOp" > wrote in message
>> I'm kicking around the idea to let my 1993 Cobra go and replace it
>> with a new 5.0 Mustang. My dilemma: I only have a two-car garage.
>> And my wife's vehicle gets one of the slots, so that leaves me with
>> only one parking space. (I refuse to park the Cobra, or a new 5.0
>> Mustang, in the driveway or street and expose it to the elements
>> 24/7. Not gonna happen!) I could keep the '93 Cobra, but at this
>> point in time the lil' snake's performance/235 HP is increasingly
>> becoming, what with nearly seemly everything these days sporting
>> 300+HP, um, lets just say ho-hum. I realize "upgrading" the '93 is
>> very doable, but do I really want to go through the hassle, not to
>> mention turning it into just ANOTHER modified late-model Mustang?
>> (I've already done all the easily reversible mods.) Of course the
>> "fuel" for my current thinking/planning is that upcoming, honey of a
>> Mustang, the new 5.0 GT. 412HP, 6-speed trans, optional Bremo brakes,
>> and killer looks, what more could a rabid Mustang enthusiast ask for?
>> Okay, yeah, I know, a no-option/stripper version. But how can I
>> quibble about that now when I've been driving an "all-option" Cobra
>> for the past 12+ years. Straighten me out or talk me it in to it...
>> I'd like some feedback.
>>
>> Patrick

> check for low end torque, 93 has it.
> the new 5.0s (especially automatics) have far less on the low end, gas
> mileage optimization.
>
> Computer has limits on things

Uh-huh, "Superchips Cortex."

--
..

Old April 7th 10, 05:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
JOHN

"NoOp" > wrote in message
On Apr 6, 5:05 pm, "Mary" > wrote:
> "NoOp" > wrote in message

> > I'm kicking around the idea to let my 1993 Cobra go and replace it
> > with a new 5.0 Mustang. My dilemma: I only have a two-car garage.
> > And my wife's vehicle gets one of the slots, so that leaves me with
> > only one parking space. (I refuse to park the Cobra, or a new 5.0
> > Mustang, in the driveway or street and expose it to the elements
> > 24/7. Not gonna happen!) I could keep the '93 Cobra, but at this
> > point in time the lil' snake's performance/235 HP is increasingly
> > becoming, what with nearly seemly everything these days sporting
> > 300+HP, um, lets just say ho-hum. I realize "upgrading" the '93 is
> > very doable, but do I really want to go through the hassle, not to
> > mention turning it into just ANOTHER modified late-model Mustang?
> > (I've already done all the easily reversible mods.) Of course the
> > "fuel" for my current thinking/planning is that upcoming, honey of a
> > Mustang, the new 5.0 GT. 412HP, 6-speed trans, optional Bremo brakes,
> > and killer looks, what more could a rabid Mustang enthusiast ask for?
>> > Okay, yeah, I know, a no-option/stripper version. But how can I
>> > quibble about that now when I've been driving an "all-option" Cobra
>> > for the past 12+ years. Straighten me out or talk me it in to it...
>> > I'd like some feedback.

>> check for low end torque, 93 has it.
>> the new 5.0s (especially automatics) have far less on the low end, gas
>> mileage optimization.

>> Computer has limits on things

>http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...ang-gt-50.html

>Patrick

Not bad at all, here is a 94 stock then 9# intercooled KB project for
reference

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co.../photo_15.html

Time for test drive a standard, if better than my 5.0 93 8# KB off the
line,
then switch to new and get rid of all the rattles and shakes (wife will not
ride in the 93, too fast) and something that will last a while
too hard to get parts now, but the 93 is FAST around town