2010 Taurus SHO

Old May 1st 09, 06:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dick R.

Default 2010 Taurus SHO

Looks like an interesting vehicle with a twin turbo V6
cranking out 360HP, but a 4DR sedan isn't on our wish
list. Still, I'd like to drive one!

Dick
Old May 1st 09, 08:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
GILL[_7_]

Dick R. wrote:
> Looks like an interesting vehicle with a twin turbo V6
> cranking out 360HP, but a 4DR sedan isn't on our wish
> list. Still, I'd like to drive one!
>
> Dick

How bout a 2011 Mustang with Ecoboost? Or a GT with the new Coyote motor?

--
Tropic Green Y2K Mustang GT
W/bits & pieces
Old May 1st 09, 10:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
habitoid

"Dick R." > wrote in message
> Looks like an interesting vehicle with a twin turbo V6
> cranking out 360HP, but a 4DR sedan isn't on our wish
> list. Still, I'd like to drive one!
>
> Dick

test drive time.

why go with turbos? seems like supercharger would be cheaper, more reliable

Old May 1st 09, 11:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

habitoid wrote:
> "Dick R." > wrote in message
>> Looks like an interesting vehicle with a twin turbo V6
>> cranking out 360HP, but a 4DR sedan isn't on our wish
>> list. Still, I'd like to drive one!
>>
>> Dick

> test drive time.
>

> why go with turbos? seems like supercharger would be cheaper, more reliable

I agree. A Roots or twin screw blower would have zero lag and generate
very good low end torque. Plus they are stone cold reliable and much
less expensive to repair, if needed.
Old May 2nd 09, 02:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_4_]

"Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
> habitoid wrote:
>> "Dick R." > wrote in message
>>> Looks like an interesting vehicle with a twin turbo V6
>>> cranking out 360HP, but a 4DR sedan isn't on our wish
>>> list. Still, I'd like to drive one!
>>>
>>> Dick

>> test drive time.
>>

>> why go with turbos? seems like supercharger would be cheaper, more
>> reliable

> I agree. A Roots or twin screw blower would have zero lag and generate
> very good low end torque. Plus they are stone cold reliable and much less
> expensive to repair, if needed.

Simple. "Twin turbo" sounds a lot better in the marketing materials than
"blower."

Jeez, I gotta explain everything?

dwight

Old May 2nd 09, 04:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

dwight wrote:

> "Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
>> habitoid wrote:

>>> test drive time.
>>>

>>> why go with turbos? seems like supercharger would be cheaper, more
>>> reliable

>> I agree. A Roots or twin screw blower would have zero lag and
>> generate very good low end torque. Plus they are stone cold reliable
>> and much less expensive to repair, if needed.

> Simple. "Twin turbo" sounds a lot better in the marketing materials than
> "blower."
>
> Jeez, I gotta explain everything?

Heck, I wouldn't even tell them it had a blower. Maybe call it the
"Breath Right" option package. Instead of blower related emblems just
put a big replica of a Breath Right strip extending across the hood from
fender to fender.
Old May 2nd 09, 06:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim Warman

Or a picture of Monica Lewinski?

Old May 4th 09, 12:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

On May 1, 10:13 pm, Michael Johnson > wrote:
> habitoid wrote:
> > "Dick R." > wrote in message
> >> Looks like an interesting vehicle with a twin turbo V6
> >> cranking out 360HP, but a 4DR sedan isn't on our wish
> >> list. Still, I'd like to drive one!

> >> Dick

> > test drive time.

> > why go with turbos? seems like supercharger would be cheaper, more reliable

> I agree. A Roots or twin screw blower would have zero lag and generate
> very good low end torque. Plus they are stone cold reliable and much
> less expensive to repair, if needed.

Actually a properly sized turbo set up shouldn't really have any
lag... so with twins I would think there really wouldn't be any
noticeable lag.
I've driven some turbo'd 4.0L V6 Stangs and they are simply amazing...
and with no noticeable lag..
Old May 4th 09, 02:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

John S. wrote:
> On May 1, 10:13 pm, Michael Johnson > wrote:
>> habitoid wrote:
>>> test drive time.
>>> why go with turbos? seems like supercharger would be cheaper, more reliable

>> I agree. A Roots or twin screw blower would have zero lag and generate
>> very good low end torque. Plus they are stone cold reliable and much
>> less expensive to repair, if needed.

> Actually a properly sized turbo set up shouldn't really have any
> lag... so with twins I would think there really wouldn't be any
> noticeable lag.
> I've driven some turbo'd 4.0L V6 Stangs and they are simply amazing...
> and with no noticeable lag..

From what I have seen with turbos, to reduce lag to very low levels
there needs to be plenty of exhaust flow. The rub to this, IMO, is this
means that you need a larger displacement engine and therefore it can be
designed to deliver performance without the need for forced induction.
The other way to reduce turbo lag is to use sequential turbos but that
just seems too complicated. Turbos do deliver the power though and they
take very little power doing it.

A twin screw blower, and to a lesser extent Roots blower, will make any
size engine feel like it has 2-3 times the torque/hp all the way from
idle to redline. The blower and intercooler can be incorporated into
the intake setup and are very compact. There is no plumbing necessary
for air flow, oiling, cooling for bearings etc. just what is needed for
heat dissipation part of the intercooler. Also, a twin screw will
typically outlast the engine so they are very reliable.
Old May 4th 09, 02:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

When I think of her, I think of cigars.