Small problems hopefully.

Old July 20th 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
johninKY

Default Small problems hopefully.

99 Saturn wagon. Wife's car. Dome light has stopped working. Bulb good,
just no power to the fixture. Wife also told me the key fob thingee that
she uses to activate the dome light doesn't anymore.

Other problem is the inside, down by the seat, lever that opens the back
hatch has stopped working. Look for a cable but appears there is no
cable. Exactly what releases the latch in the hatch anyways?

John

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/...makers.saturn/
More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Old July 20th 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
oppie

Be good to say which wagon model it was.
Can't help you with the lift gate release but on the dome lamp, is it the
center or cargo area dome lamp?
I have a 2001 lw300 and the cargo dome lamp went on the fritz. Traced it to
a bad diode in the left side fuse panel (by driver's left foot). Replaced
the diode and all was good.
Both dome lamps should come on when you open a side door (depending on
position of switched on dome lamp. similarly both come on when you hit
unlock on the key fob. Power for these circuits comes through the BCM.

lkaboutautos.com...

Old July 20th 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
johninKY

Oppie,

Thank you thank you, thank you. Didn't know about that fuse panel on the
passenger side. Found and replaced one blown fuse. Dome light and hatch
release now both work. Wife is also very grateful.

John

Old July 21st 08, 02:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_8_]

Glad to help but I must say, all that information is in your owner's manual.
I suggest that you find it and read it. If you don't have one, it can be
purchased either from Saturn parts or through www.helminc.com online.

There are quite a few things that are not intuitive on the newer cars.
Really is useful to spend an evening reading the manual.

Keep in mind that if the fuse blows again, you may have an intermittent
short circuit that may take some troubleshooting. That information is only
in the shop manual (and barely at that). <grin>

Oppie

lkaboutautos.com...

Old July 21st 08, 06:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Doug Miller[_1_]

In article >, "Oppie" > wrote:
>Glad to help but I must say, all that information is in your owner's manual.
>I suggest that you find it and read it. If you don't have one, it can be
>purchased either from Saturn parts or through www.helminc.com online.

And *much* cheaper on eBay.