RAMFM's six-year jock itch eradicated

Old March 24th 05, 05:48 AM
Wound Up

Kate, the answer is deceptively simple. It's just as simple as solving
2 x 2, then using your imagination.

So, what kind of tractor do you have? Tommy likey...

My father-in-law has a working, vintage Ford 8N (retrofitted with an
alternator) that I love to roam about on and work with, sometimes. That
damned tractor, even with its lil old 4-banger, will do amazing things.
It will mow nappy-ass, overgrown fields with barely a hiccup. I've
chained and pulled gigantic trees, weighing over 1/2 ton I'd guess, out
of the woods with it to be cut. Of course, you just gotta know the
limits, and not kill yourself by being overzealous.

But WHAT is with that tic-tac-toe "shift pattern"? Of course, only
careful and deliberate double-clutching will allow a shift from 1-2, 1-3
or 2-4, etc., but I do still need to do this sometimes, and they sure as
hell made it difficult... Tractors = Torque = FUN =) HEE HEE

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

Old March 24th 05, 05:59 AM

SVT Kate wrote:

> Tell me why . . . do all of your posts come up as doubles?

Not all of them do come up double, and I don't know why some do and
some don't. My guess is it has to do either with posting from Google
Groups, an interface that is always being tinkered with, or with using
a Mac computer, with some MS Internet Explorer anti-Mac skullduggery
being involved.

> you been drinking at the keyboard again?

I think drinking makes you SEE double, not post double. Since I'm the
one doing the posting, and you're the one doing the seeing, draw your
own conclusions.

180 Out

Old March 24th 05, 01:27 PM
SVTKate

"Wound Up" > wrote in message
| Kate, the answer is deceptively simple. It's just as simple as solving
| 2 x 2, then using your imagination.
|
| So, what kind of tractor do you have? Tommy likey...

Actually... a Kubota. Little old beat up thing but it's 4wd and it does the
job.
Dick had it for years before we met, lost it in a divorce. His ex gave it to
his son who broke it in several places then he
gave it back to his dad. Whis was really ok with us, since it was free and
didn't really require allot of money to get back in working order.
His son is an architect, not a mechanic like his dad.
here's a photo of it, without the loader on it.
http://www.kizthiz.com/farmer%20chard.jpg
I affectionately refer to it as "Number 5" from the movie Short Circuit.
"No disassemble number 5!!"
It kinda looks like that... little crooked face and all banged up.

| My father-in-law has a working, vintage Ford 8N (retrofitted with an
| alternator) that I love to roam about on and work with, sometimes. That
| damned tractor, even with its lil old 4-banger, will do amazing things.

Sounds like a great tractor!
I hope to restore this one to semi-original condition.
Ready for this? Ours is a 3 banger! It too will do amazing things too.

| It will mow nappy-ass, overgrown fields with barely a hiccup. I've
| chained and pulled gigantic trees, weighing over 1/2 ton I'd guess, out
| of the woods with it to be cut. Of course, you just gotta know the
| limits, and not kill yourself by being overzealous.

We use ours to keep the two small fields on our place from becoming weed
patches.
This year we are going to do some terracing on a slope in the back of the
house to get ready for some landscape (sort of) work.

| But WHAT is with that tic-tac-toe "shift pattern"? Of course, only
| careful and deliberate double-clutching will allow a shift from 1-2, 1-3
| or 2-4, etc., but I do still need to do this sometimes, and they sure as
| hell made it difficult... Tractors = Torque = FUN =) HEE HEE

I'm just learning to run ours. The first time I drove it around the place
it didn't have the loader attachment mounted on it. I lifted the front tires
off the gound, it was a riot.
Hubs decided that he needed to ground me just a little bit Ithink and got
the bucket back on it.

I'm looking forward to learning more about it. Can't say the tractor feels
the same way.

| SVTKate wrote:
| > Tell me why...
| > do all of your posts come up as doubles?
| >
| > you been drinking at the keyboard again?
| >
| > > wrote in message
| > oups.com...
| > | SVT Kate wrote:
| > |
> [...]
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | Act One: Zoom in on upstanding citizen Juan A. d'Out (played by an
| > | impossibly young Robert Redford), watering his well-tended lawn on a
| > | sunny suburban street. A moving van pulls up. New neighbor name of
| > | "Limpy" Rick Umber. Friendly greetings. Days go by, and with them a
| > | growing accumulation of faded sun-baked old heaps appears in, on, and
| > | about Limpy's home. Also two dozen cats take up residence. The
| > | prevailing breeze blows in d'Out's direction. Ick.
| > |
| > | Act Two: Limpy's yard piles up more piles -- automotive and feline.
| > | At the same time, Limpy cannot be dislodged from the d'Out house,
| > | letting himself in at will and continually spouting a line of B.S.
| > | about his glorious past as a San Fernando street racer. Finally d'Out
| > | snaps, murders Limpy, and makes cat food with the remains (which he
| > | drops off at the local animal shelter, along with Limpy's mangy
brood).
| > |
| > | Act Three: (Time for the patented surprise twist ending.) Death row.
| > | D'Out is led to the chamber. The phone rings. He's not only been
| > | commuted, the President has agreed to step down and a grateful nation
| > | has made d'Out Emperor for Life.
| > |
| > | The End.
| > |
| > | OK, the last part is lame, but if I could come with cool surprise
twist
| > | endings I'd be Rod Serling, not 180 Out.
| > |
| > | 180 Out
| > | TS 2
| > |

Old March 24th 05, 01:29 PM
SVTKate

> wrote in message
oups.com...
| SVT Kate wrote:
|
| > Tell me why . . . do all of your posts come up as doubles?
|
| Not all of them do come up double, and I don't know why some do and
| some don't. My guess is it has to do either with posting from Google
| Groups, an interface that is always being tinkered with, or with using
| a Mac computer, with some MS Internet Explorer anti-Mac skullduggery
| being involved.
|
| > you been drinking at the keyboard again?
|
| I think drinking makes you SEE double, not post double. Since I'm the
| one doing the posting, and you're the one doing the seeing, draw your
| own conclusions.
|
| 180 Out

I was afraid someone would point that out LOL
but I swear, I haven't been drinking and reading... you can get busted for
that you know!

Kate

Old March 24th 05, 05:35 PM
SVTKate

Ahhhh Horse****!

After posting this, we decided to go down by the pond and do some spring
clean up.
Being a typical female, I decided we should pull out some scrub bushes that
were growing near the water line.

Ya know how slick red clay is when it's wet?

Well, the Kubota is stuck down there. Had to get some lunch, then try to
figure out how to get it out.

%$#^*&!!!

Kate

"SVTKate" > wrote in message
.net...

| "Wound Up" > wrote in message
|| Kate, the answer is deceptively simple. It's just as simple as solving
|| 2 x 2, then using your imagination.
|| So, what kind of tractor do you have? Tommy likey...
|
| Actually... a Kubota. Little old beat up thing but it's 4wd and it does
the
| job.
| Dick had it for years before we met, lost it in a divorce. His ex gave it
| his son who broke it in several places then he
| gave it back to his dad. Whis was really ok with us, since it was free and
| didn't really require allot of money to get back in working order.
| His son is an architect, not a mechanic like his dad.
| here's a photo of it, without the loader on it.
| http://www.kizthiz.com/farmer%20chard.jpg
| I affectionately refer to it as "Number 5" from the movie Short Circuit.
| "No disassemble number 5!!"
| It kinda looks like that... little crooked face and all banged up.
|

|| My father-in-law has a working, vintage Ford 8N (retrofitted with an
|| alternator) that I love to roam about on and work with, sometimes. That
|| damned tractor, even with its lil old 4-banger, will do amazing things.
|
| Sounds like a great tractor!
| I hope to restore this one to semi-original condition.
| Ready for this? Ours is a 3 banger! It too will do amazing things too.
|
|| It will mow nappy-ass, overgrown fields with barely a hiccup. I've
|| chained and pulled gigantic trees, weighing over 1/2 ton I'd guess, out
|| of the woods with it to be cut. Of course, you just gotta know the
|| limits, and not kill yourself by being overzealous.
|
| We use ours to keep the two small fields on our place from becoming weed
| patches.
| This year we are going to do some terracing on a slope in the back of the
| house to get ready for some landscape (sort of) work.
|| But WHAT is with that tic-tac-toe "shift pattern"? Of course, only
|| careful and deliberate double-clutching will allow a shift from 1-2, 1-3
|| or 2-4, etc., but I do still need to do this sometimes, and they sure as
|| hell made it difficult... Tractors = Torque = FUN =) HEE HEE
|
| I'm just learning to run ours. The first time I drove it around the place
| it didn't have the loader attachment mounted on it. I lifted the front
tires
| off the gound, it was a riot.
| Hubs decided that he needed to ground me just a little bit Ithink and got
| the bucket back on it.
|
| I'm looking forward to learning more about it. Can't say the tractor feels
| the same way.

|| SVTKate wrote:
|| > Tell me why...
|| > do all of your posts come up as doubles?
|| >
|| > you been drinking at the keyboard again?

|| > oups.com...
|| > |
> [...]
|| > |
|| > |
|| > |
|| > |
| brood).
|| > |
|| > |
|| > |
| twist
|| > |
|| > |

Old March 24th 05, 05:58 PM
Wound Up

SVTKate wrote:
> "Wound Up" > wrote in message
> | So, what kind of tractor do you have? Tommy likey...
> |

> Actually... a Kubota. Little old beat up thing but it's 4wd and it does the
> job.
> Dick had it for years before we met, lost it in a divorce. His ex gave it to
> his son who broke it in several places then he
> gave it back to his dad. Whis was really ok with us, since it was free and
> didn't really require allot of money to get back in working order.
> His son is an architect, not a mechanic like his dad.
> here's a photo of it, without the loader on it.
> http://www.kizthiz.com/farmer%20chard.jpg

The pride of its rider is sincere and funny at the same time =) I also
like how the paint has oxidized into several different shades!

> I affectionately refer to it as "Number 5" from the movie Short Circuit.
> "No disassemble number 5!!"
> It kinda looks like that... little crooked face and all banged up.

Yes, it does; great name. The sort of bug-eyed little look to it.

> | My father-in-law has a working, vintage Ford 8N (retrofitted with an
> | alternator) that I love to roam about on and work with, sometimes. That
> | damned tractor, even with its lil old 4-banger, will do amazing things.
>
> Sounds like a great tractor!

It is. It's currently laid up, needing a new flywheel. The ring gear
is stripped. Doing that and the clutch requires splitting the thing in
half, by 8-10 huge bolts. It needs to get to a shop, or I would have
already done it.... it's in a gravel shed. We need a level floor and
many jacks and jackstands

> I hope to restore this one to semi-original condition.
> Ready for this? Ours is a 3 banger! It too will do amazing things too.

A -three- cylinder... must be kind of a teeth-rattling experience!

> | It will mow nappy-ass, overgrown fields with barely a hiccup. I've
> | chained and pulled gigantic trees, weighing over 1/2 ton I'd guess, out
> | of the woods with it to be cut. Of course, you just gotta know the
> | limits, and not kill yourself by being overzealous.
>
> We use ours to keep the two small fields on our place from becoming weed
> patches.
> This year we are going to do some terracing on a slope in the back of the
> house to get ready for some landscape (sort of) work.

I'm sure 4WD is nice for that.

> | But WHAT is with that tic-tac-toe "shift pattern"? Of course, only
> | careful and deliberate double-clutching will allow a shift from 1-2, 1-3
> | or 2-4, etc., but I do still need to do this sometimes, and they sure as
> | hell made it difficult... Tractors = Torque = FUN =) HEE HEE
>
> I'm just learning to run ours. The first time I drove it around the place
> it didn't have the loader attachment mounted on it. I lifted the front tires
> off the gound, it was a riot.
> Hubs decided that he needed to ground me just a little bit Ithink and got
> the bucket back on it.
>
> I'm looking forward to learning more about it. Can't say the tractor feels
> the same way.

Heh. They're tough. I have always had an affinity for tractors.
Anything that you can drive, for that matter, but especially these

Yeah, the brother-in-law was asking how fast it went when I showed him
how to operate it (my guess is about 25)... I had to ensure he didn't
flip it over on himself. He pulls the throttle level all the way down,
"no, no, push it halfway up...". I'm actually glad he popped a small
wheelie and gained some respect through fear. He doesn't ever really
mess with it, which is a relief to all =)

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

Old March 24th 05, 06:16 PM
Wound Up

SVTKate wrote:
> Ahhhh Horse****!
>
> After posting this, we decided to go down by the pond and do some spring
> clean up.
> Being a typical female, I decided we should pull out some scrub bushes that
> were growing near the water line.
>
> Ya know how slick red clay is when it's wet?

Ahh, Oklahoma. Yes I do. Almost lost a Tempo to it about 5 years ago.

> Well, the Kubota is stuck down there. Had to get some lunch, then try to
> figure out how to get it out.
>
> %$#^*&!!!

Best of luck...

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

Old March 24th 05, 07:34 PM
SVTKate

Hubs is one fart smeller.. I mean... smart feller.
He hooked up a two ton comealong to a big old pine tree and I pulled the
handle while he backed her out.

PHEW!

If all else failed, most of our neighbors have tractors, someone could have
pulled us out.

Old March 24th 05, 07:43 PM
SVTKate

"Wound Up" > wrote

| > | So, what kind of tractor do you have? Tommy likey...
| > |

| > Actually... a Kubota. Little old beat up thing but it's 4wd and it does
the
| > job.
| > Dick had it for years before we met, lost it in a divorce. His ex gave
it to
| > his son who broke it in several places then he
| > gave it back to his dad. Whis was really ok with us, since it was free
and
| > didn't really require allot of money to get back in working order.
| > His son is an architect, not a mechanic like his dad.
| > here's a photo of it, without the loader on it.
| > http://www.kizthiz.com/farmer%20chard.jpg
|
| The pride of its rider is sincere and funny at the same time =) I also
| like how the paint has oxidized into several different shades!

I gotta tell ya, this is one of my favorite photos of Dick. He can be such a
crack up.
You'd think he was riding something special.

Now, that paint thing is CUSTOM! Not everyone can achieve this effect.
Those folks on Overhaulin ain't got NUTHIN on us!

| > I affectionately refer to it as "Number 5" from the movie Short
Circuit.
| > "No disassemble number 5!!"
| > It kinda looks like that... little crooked face and all banged up.
|
| Yes, it does; great name. The sort of bug-eyed little look to it.

From dead on, it's eyes are a little cockeyed too, it's actually got quite a
personality.

| > | My father-in-law has a working, vintage Ford 8N (retrofitted with an
| > | alternator) that I love to roam about on and work with, sometimes.
That
| > | damned tractor, even with its lil old 4-banger, will do amazing
things.

| > Sounds like a great tractor!
|
| It is. It's currently laid up, needing a new flywheel. The ring gear
| is stripped. Doing that and the clutch requires splitting the thing in
| half, by 8-10 huge bolts. It needs to get to a shop, or I would have
| already done it.... it's in a gravel shed. We need a level floor and
| many jacks and jackstands

Throw it on a trailer and drag it out. It'll give Dick something to do LOL
(since he says no more bush pulling till the mud dries out a bit)

| > I hope to restore this one to semi-original condition.
| > Ready for this? Ours is a 3 banger! It too will do amazing things too.
|
| A -three- cylinder... must be kind of a teeth-rattling experience!

Kinda like a Harley LOL!
Without that but flapper noise.

| > | It will mow nappy-ass, overgrown fields with barely a hiccup. I've
| > | chained and pulled gigantic trees, weighing over 1/2 ton I'd guess,
out
| > | of the woods with it to be cut. Of course, you just gotta know the
| > | limits, and not kill yourself by being overzealous.
| >
| > We use ours to keep the two small fields on our place from becoming weed
| > patches.
| > This year we are going to do some terracing on a slope in the back of
the
| > house to get ready for some landscape (sort of) work.
|
| I'm sure 4WD is nice for that.

Uh huh... and getting 4 times as stuck!

| > |
| > | But WHAT is with that tic-tac-toe "shift pattern"? Of course, only
| > | careful and deliberate double-clutching will allow a shift from 1-2,
1-3
| > | or 2-4, etc., but I do still need to do this sometimes, and they sure
as
| > | hell made it difficult... Tractors = Torque = FUN =) HEE HEE

I wonder about those shift patterns too. Gawd, and then there are all those
pedals that are in the wrong places with brakes where the throttle should be
and the throttle where you would never think to look for it. I think that
those guys that design them are drinking too much moonshine when they are
doing the layout!

| > I'm just learning to run ours. The first time I drove it around the
place
| > it didn't have the loader attachment mounted on it. I lifted the front
tires
| > off the gound, it was a riot.
| > Hubs decided that he needed to ground me just a little bit Ithink and
got
| > the bucket back on it.
| >
| > I'm looking forward to learning more about it. Can't say the tractor
feels
| > the same way.
|
| Heh. They're tough. I have always had an affinity for tractors.
| Anything that you can drive, for that matter, but especially these

Who would have though. I have enver had any interest in tractors. Never been
exposed to them for that matter, until this one. It's another adventure.
I'm driven to learn how to run it proficiently though.

| Yeah, the brother-in-law was asking how fast it went when I showed him
| how to operate it (my guess is about 25)... I had to ensure he didn't
| flip it over on himself. He pulls the throttle level all the way down,
| "no, no, push it halfway up...". I'm actually glad he popped a small
| wheelie and gained some respect through fear. He doesn't ever really
| mess with it, which is a relief to all =)

That's pretty much what happened to me. So, now I know. I'll be much more
cautious.

Old March 24th 05, 10:06 PM
Wound Up

SVTKate wrote:
> "Wound Up" > wrote

> | > |

> | > Actually... a Kubota. Little old beat up thing but it's 4wd and it does
> the
> | > job.
> | > Dick had it for years before we met, lost it in a divorce. His ex gave
> it to
> | > his son who broke it in several places then he
> | > gave it back to his dad. Whis was really ok with us, since it was free
> and
> | > didn't really require allot of money to get back in working order.
> | > His son is an architect, not a mechanic like his dad.
> | > here's a photo of it, without the loader on it.
> | > http://www.kizthiz.com/farmer%20chard.jpg
> |
> | The pride of its rider is sincere and funny at the same time =) I also
> | like how the paint has oxidized into several different shades!
>
> I gotta tell ya, this is one of my favorite photos of Dick. He can be such a
> crack up.
> You'd think he was riding something special.

Yeah, I can see that. It did actually make me laugh. Great pic.

> Now, that paint thing is CUSTOM! Not everyone can achieve this effect.
> Those folks on Overhaulin ain't got NUTHIN on us!

It must have taken a lot of effort to get that specific fading effect...
I'm impressed! My old Rangoon Red '67 had a similar paintjob, but not
as cool. I had to laugh when I got a parking ticket that said it was
"orange".

> | > I affectionately refer to it as "Number 5" from the movie Short
> Circuit.
> | > "No disassemble number 5!!"
> | > It kinda looks like that... little crooked face and all banged up.
> |
> | Yes, it does; great name. The sort of bug-eyed little look to it.
>
> From dead on, it's eyes are a little cockeyed too, it's actually got quite a
> personality.

All good machinery does!

> That
> things.
> | >
> | > Sounds like a great tractor!
> |
> | It is. It's currently laid up, needing a new flywheel. The ring gear
> | is stripped. Doing that and the clutch requires splitting the thing in
> | half, by 8-10 huge bolts. It needs to get to a shop, or I would have
> | already done it.... it's in a gravel shed. We need a level floor and
> | many jacks and jackstands
> |

> Throw it on a trailer and drag it out. It'll give Dick something to do LOL
> (since he says no more bush pulling till the mud dries out a bit)

I would love to take you up on that, but I just don't have the equipment
or the time. I appreciate the offer. I'm supposed to help my wife's
uncle split it at his place. He said $100 for the gas and time. I'll
have ask about that; maybe the parts & labor can be a father's day gift
for him. He misses using it. Things are still overgrown from when it
crapped out late last summer.

> | > I hope to restore this one to semi-original condition.
> | > Ready for this? Ours is a 3 banger! It too will do amazing things too.
> |
> | A -three- cylinder... must be kind of a teeth-rattling experience!
>
> Kinda like a Harley LOL!
> Without that but flapper noise.

I can only imagine...

> out
> | >
> | > We use ours to keep the two small fields on our place from becoming weed
> | > patches.
> | > This year we are going to do some terracing on a slope in the back of
> the
> | > house to get ready for some landscape (sort of) work.
> |
> | I'm sure 4WD is nice for that.
>
> Uh huh... and getting 4 times as stuck!

LOL

> | > |
> 1-3
> as
>
> I wonder about those shift patterns too. Gawd, and then there are all those
> pedals that are in the wrong places with brakes where the throttle should be
> and the throttle where you would never think to look for it. I think that
> those guys that design them are drinking too much moonshine when they are
> doing the layout!

Who knows... they're all weird, and it seems, all different. Probably
designed to make your actions very deliberate.

> | > I'm just learning to run ours. The first time I drove it around the
> place
> | > it didn't have the loader attachment mounted on it. I lifted the front
> tires
> | > off the gound, it was a riot.
> | > Hubs decided that he needed to ground me just a little bit Ithink and
> got
> | > the bucket back on it.
> | >
> | > I'm looking forward to learning more about it. Can't say the tractor
> feels
> | > the same way.
> |
> | Heh. They're tough. I have always had an affinity for tractors.
> | Anything that you can drive, for that matter, but especially these
>
> Who would have though. I have enver had any interest in tractors. Never been
> exposed to them for that matter, until this one. It's another adventure.
> I'm driven to learn how to run it proficiently though.

I love 'em. Only thing I have no interest in is motorcycles. I've
known too many friends to die and get mangled. Open wheel race cars,
though, are like crack to me.

> | Yeah, the brother-in-law was asking how fast it went when I showed him
> | how to operate it (my guess is about 25)... I had to ensure he didn't
> | flip it over on himself. He pulls the throttle level all the way down,
> | "no, no, push it halfway up...". I'm actually glad he popped a small
> | wheelie and gained some respect through fear. He doesn't ever really
> | mess with it, which is a relief to all =)
>
> That's pretty much what happened to me. So, now I know. I'll be much more
> cautious.

A fairly common occurrence I'm sure...

--
Wound Up