1990 mustang on ebay

Old November 10th 04, 01:23 AM
Jimmy

Default 1990 mustang on ebay

So I was surfing e-bay checking out mustangs and came across this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...atego ry=6236

This guy wants more than $16600? WTF? Yes, less than 1300 miles. But
what a waste. Sitting in a garage while I've been enjoying mine for 15
years. Sad, sad, sad.

And the REALLY sad thing is that 37 folks bid it up that high.

I have one almost exactly like his (sans anti-lock brakes and manual).
And I still have the window sticker. My window sticker (1990) is
almost the same as the high bidder offered!

Anyway, no bargains on e-bay for cars from what I've seen. At least
the cars I like.

Jimmy
Old November 10th 04, 02:21 AM
JS

It's white and red. Ick.

But even if you like those colors, you want more than what you bought it for
new? It's a 1990 Mustang. It's not a collector's car yet - not even close.
I still see them all the time. I can count three white 87-93 5.0 Mustangs
in my small town alone. Just white ones.

Yes, it's way low mileage, but still. I'd say $10-12k - max. It commands a
high value because it is such a fine specimen, but not more than around
$12k.

JS

om...

Old November 10th 04, 03:04 AM
Jimmy

Yes, I like the colors. But no, it ain't mine.

I've actually used mine for 15 years rather than let it sit collecting dust.

My point is it costs too much and nobody is going to pay what the original
sticker says!

Old November 10th 04, 03:59 AM
JS

Didn't mean that to sound like an attack on you, more the person listing it.

After reading it, though, I can see where you'd get that impression.

That's still just madness. There will probably be someone who buys it
though.

And what is one to do with a $16k+ 16 year old car with no miles on it? You
don't want to cut it up, cause it won't be worth anything anymore. You
don't want to modify it, cause it won't be worth anything anymore. You
don't want to drive it too far, cause it won't be worth anything anymore.
It'll never really be worth *more*, or at least not for a very long time, so
it's not a good investment. An '05 V6 looks better (IMO) and has more
horsepower, and is just as expensive, and comes with a warranty... and
creature comforts not available in the '88 that you don't want to modify or
drive.

I guess the only way I could see paying that much is if you needed that
exact car, and wanted to drive it until it dropped, and didn't care what it
cost.

JS

news

Old November 13th 04, 05:33 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

Jimmy wrote:
> Yes, I like the colors. But no, it ain't mine.
>
> I've actually used mine for 15 years rather than let it sit collecting dust.
>
> My point is it costs too much and nobody is going to pay what the original
> sticker says!

They might. It's untitled and has right at 1200 miles.

--
YOU are the real piece of work in this post. I think you are
a couple of drumsticks short of a picnic there bud. - SVTKate