Most reliable older VW

Old October 24th 04, 02:06 AM
Rob Guenther

The cars that are 10+ years old and still running are pretty obvious
examples of cars built to stand the test of time... or they are collectable
cars or cult cars with owners who have more money then brains.... IE just
because an original Aston Martin Lagonda is still running, doesn't mean the
computer won't fail 20 Kms down the first road when you buy it.... Cars like
VW's, Volvo's, Mercedes - if they were treated well will last.

Old October 28th 04, 03:22 AM
Glenn Morton

"Rob Guenther" > wrote in message m>...
> The cars that are 10+ years old and still running are pretty obvious

My 86 Golf was the best one I have ever had, I wish I still had it. I
sold in 3 years ago at 350K, and it is still on the road at over 450K.
The body was rough when I sold it, but the kid who bought it sunk some
$ into it and it looks pretty good.

While I had it, other than routine maintenace, the only thing I had to
replace was a couple of water pumps and a rad.

The 93 I have now is the quirkiest car I have ever had.