Blackhawk Farms?

Old March 8th 07, 05:51 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Blackhawk Farms?

Does anyone have Blackhawk Farms for rFactor? I've searched for it
for quite a while and can't find it. Please let me know and email the
file or link to me!

Thanks,
Pat Dotson

Old March 11th 07, 03:31 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ed Medlin

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Does anyone have Blackhawk Farms for rFactor? I've searched for it
> for quite a while and can't find it. Please let me know and email the
> file or link to me!
>
> Thanks,
> Pat Dotson

I haven't seen it Pat. Is that the Blackhawk in ILL? There used to be a
Blackhawk RC there (going to age myself) that we used to race in the
mid-60s...:-). IIRC, it was not far from the WI state line. I don't remember
it being named Blackhawk Farms though.....although it could have been.

Ed

Old March 11th 07, 05:07 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

That's the one Ed. I got a couple of links to the track, so I have it
now. Talk about boring!

Here is the Blackhawk Farms web site:

http://www.blackhawkfarms.com/

Pat Dotson

Old March 11th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
rqk

The Midwestern Council http://autocross.mcscc.org/ runs some of their
events there (both high speed autocross and wheel to wheel racing) and
in real life it's a lot of fun.

Old March 12th 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Mar 11, 12:59 pm, rqk > wrote:
> The Midwestern Councilhttp://autocross.mcscc.org/runs some of their
> events there (both high speed autocross and wheel to wheel racing) and
> in real life it's a lot of fun.

I bet it is! My comment was only directed at the sim version, which I
understand isn't very good anyway. For a sim-track, it's boring. No
elevation changes, not much scenery. In real life I'd kill to drive
on it

Pat Dotson

Old March 12th 07, 04:02 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
tlgtr

I has one once for SCGT...haven't seen one since....

Old March 13th 07, 12:32 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ed Medlin

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Mar 11, 12:59 pm, rqk > wrote:
>> The Midwestern Councilhttp://autocross.mcscc.org/runs some of their
>> events there (both high speed autocross and wheel to wheel racing) and
>> in real life it's a lot of fun.

> I bet it is! My comment was only directed at the sim version, which I
> understand isn't very good anyway. For a sim-track, it's boring. No
> elevation changes, not much scenery. In real life I'd kill to drive
> on it
>
> Pat Dotson

I am not sure if they have changed the circuit much, but I remember it being
VERY narrow and hard to pass on. The sim track must not be accurate in the
elevation change area. It has some elevation changes but I will concede that
it is more subtle than many others. One other thing I remember is that is
seems that almost every turn seemed to run away from you (almost like
reverse banking). I belonged to an SCCA sanctioned club and ran a TR3 (aging
myself more) in what was then 'H' street class. We even ran a road course at
the Milwaukee Mile that doesn't exist anymore AFAIK. We were home based at
Road America where I did my SCCA school in '65-66 getting rid of my rookie
stripe. I remember the back part of Blackhawk being very technical and even
in a TR3 staying in 2nd gear a lot. Those were the true amature days when
you could go racing for $2,000-$2,500 including the car.....:-). If you
belonged to a club, you could be very competive in your class for very
little money. A 5-6yr old TR3 in 1965 would only cost you about $700-$900
and bringing it up to competitive racing standards (driving suit and helmet
included) less than $1,000 more if you belonged to a good club. Thanks for
bringing that track up Pat. If you could post a link to it I would be very
pleased. It brings back some good old memories.

Ed

Old March 13th 07, 07:58 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Mar 13, 8:32 am, "Ed Medlin" > wrote:
>If you could post a link to it I would be very
> pleased. It brings back some good old memories.

Try this:

http://files.filefront.com/BlackHawk.../fileinfo.html

Not sure if that link is still valid or not.

BTW, my reason for wanting the track is that I had a former F2000
driver coming over to drive my simulator. He raced back in the early
90's with guys like Paul Tracy and Jimmy Vasser. He's ran all over at
places like Mosport, Mid-Ohio, etc. He said Blackhawk was one of his
favorites. He came over today, but we spent the whole time at his
most favorite track; Road America. He was real impressed with the
whole experience.

One of the things I like to do is start somone out in a lower powered
car, then after they get used to it put them in an F1 car. People are
usually blown away by the acceleration, which you not only see on the
screen but feel in the G-Seat on my racing rig. This guy was no
exception. When he put the pedal down in the F1 car it definitely put
a smile on his face!

The most surprising comment he made is that the feedback from the new
UltraForce G-Seat overwhelmed the feedback from the G25 steering
wheel. He said the steering wheel forces felt weak in comparison to
the seat. I think I have the forces turned down some on the steering
wheel, but still... I thought that was a real positive sign for the G-
Seat since it's response can be turned down or the steering wheel
response can be increased.

When I've talked to him about simulators in the past he never was very
interested. After driving in my rig he's hooked! I think he gets it
now

Pat Dotson
http://www.ultraforcesim.com

Old March 14th 07, 10:11 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ed Medlin

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Mar 13, 8:32 am, "Ed Medlin" > wrote:
>>If you could post a link to it I would be very
>> pleased. It brings back some good old memories.

> Try this:
>
> http://files.filefront.com/BlackHawk.../fileinfo.html
>
> Not sure if that link is still valid or not.
>
> BTW, my reason for wanting the track is that I had a former F2000
> driver coming over to drive my simulator. He raced back in the early
> 90's with guys like Paul Tracy and Jimmy Vasser. He's ran all over at
> places like Mosport, Mid-Ohio, etc. He said Blackhawk was one of his
> favorites. He came over today, but we spent the whole time at his
> most favorite track; Road America. He was real impressed with the
> whole experience.
>
> One of the things I like to do is start somone out in a lower powered
> car, then after they get used to it put them in an F1 car. People are
> usually blown away by the acceleration, which you not only see on the
> screen but feel in the G-Seat on my racing rig. This guy was no
> exception. When he put the pedal down in the F1 car it definitely put
> a smile on his face!
>
> The most surprising comment he made is that the feedback from the new
> UltraForce G-Seat overwhelmed the feedback from the G25 steering
> wheel. He said the steering wheel forces felt weak in comparison to
> the seat. I think I have the forces turned down some on the steering
> wheel, but still... I thought that was a real positive sign for the G-
> Seat since it's response can be turned down or the steering wheel
> response can be increased.
>
> When I've talked to him about simulators in the past he never was very
> interested. After driving in my rig he's hooked! I think he gets it
> now
>
> Pat Dotson
> http://www.ultraforcesim.com

The link worked fine. I just got my G25 and find the default forces just a
bit low, so you could probably match that up pretty easily. My next
investment might be a seat, but that will be awhile. I am redoing a room
which will have a couple of systems and wheels for lan racing with freinds.
I once got out of my TR3 and hopped into a buddie's 289 AC Cobra at Road
America for a few laps and that was about like going from an F2000 to an F1
in my case........:--). Thanks again Pat.

Ed