Logitech G25 Wheel... Part Uno... LARRY HELP?

Old February 28th 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

Default Logitech G25 Wheel... Part Uno... LARRY HELP?

Ok my wheel showed up today, (at work like I planned) so I really couldn't
do anything yet, but I looked everything over and the manual is missing? No
I bought it ebay used no driver disk... refurbed, saved some money thou.
Anywho...

was sittin here playing with the shifter, not connected of course...
the dial that changes To gate shifting, From sequential shift, have to have
power? or something? I cant move it from sequential because it tried/tries
to go half way, grips the shifter into what would seem to be 3rd gear, and I
cant turn past half way on the knob. Not wanting to break anything I of
course stopped and started typing.

Can you guys enlighten me? I doubt this is normal, right? or ya think it
will when plugged in and "something" electro mechanical, changes when you
twist the knob with it all up and plugged in? Or did I get Ebay'd

thanks

Old February 28th 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
KgL

push the shifter down and while holding down then you'll be able to turn the
shift selector.

Old March 1st 07, 02:01 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Yes, push the knob straight down like you were going to shift into
reverse, and then you can turn the dial to the desired position.

Pat Dotson

Old March 1st 07, 04:06 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
mcewena

On Mar 1, 9:01 am, wrote:
> Yes, push the knob straight down like you were going to shift into
> reverse, and then you can turn the dial to the desired position.

And many (including mine) have an issue where it can't distinquish 6th
from reverse. I can feel the difference if I push the knob down when
going far right and back (vs. not pushing down), but rf recognizes it
as the same button.

My biggest issue with the wheel in rfactor is the lack of a steering
lock when the car steering hits it's end of travel. I can see the
road wheels hit their maximum angle but I can continue to turn the the
wheel so it feels like massive midcorner understeer.

Old March 1st 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

Thanks go out to both of you !!!
enlightened us with:

Old March 1st 07, 04:17 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

I would bet you need to match the wheel setup, to the game then? I mean
either make the wheel less # of turns lock to lock or something? Ill know
more in a few days, lol

I haven't even had time to logon to my pc at home this week, hardly.

Logi sure goes nuts on reboot though ( I have it plugged in at the office
last night, just to make sure it powered on and drivers worked in case I
need to ship it back... jumped out of my hands, but didnt hit the floor,
lucky me... (no I was not clamped to desk at the time) I might have
actually lucked out on this deal....

mcewena enlightened us with:

Old March 1st 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
mcewena

> Logi sure goes nuts on reboot though

It also goes nuts if you escape out of the car in GPL, I get washboard
effect until I go back in the car or exit

Old March 1st 07, 08:36 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Mine doesn't work like that. It works like it should. The wheel/tire
movement range matches steering wheel movement range.

One thing I did is go in an 'ini' file and set the in-game steering
wheel rotation to match my G25 rotation angle setting. Off the top of
my head, I think it's a line in the controller.ini file. That might
fix your problem.

The other thing I can think of is that if you are checking the
steering while sitting still, and have 'pit assistance' turned on,
maybe the exaggerated steering at low speed is causing what you see.
Maybe it is working as it should at higher speeds?

Pat Dotson

Old March 2nd 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
mcewena

On Mar 1, 3:36 pm, wrote:

> One thing I did is go in an 'ini' file and set the in-game steering
> wheel rotation to match my G25 rotation angle setting.

Pretty sure they match but will check again.

> Maybe it is working as it should at higher speeds?

Nope, seems to work the same on track as in the pit lane. Although
it's usually slower speed corners where I miss the apexs and try to
apply more lock

Old March 2nd 07, 08:34 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
==--==

Have you checked to see that you have "speed sensitive steering" set to
zero?
That may be causing the problem (note: I have not read all the messages to
ignore this if it comes from left field)

--==--

oups.com...