How can Logitech do this?

Old February 22nd 07, 01:56 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Default How can Logitech do this?

The specifications for both the G15 Keyboard and G25 wheel state:

"Windows® XP or Windows VistaT "

NEITHER product works properly with Vista. The software for both of them
does not install correctly or work correctly.

And they are being wishy-washy about when support will be provided.

How can they get away with this? Does the "Vista Compatible" certification
mean nothing in reality?

-Larry

Old February 22nd 07, 04:42 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Pipboy

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 08:56:55 -0500, Larry wrote:

> The specifications for both the G15 Keyboard and G25 wheel state:
>
> "Windows® XP or Windows VistaT "
>
> NEITHER product works properly with Vista. The software for both of them
> does not install correctly or work correctly.
>
> And they are being wishy-washy about when support will be provided.
>
> How can they get away with this? Does the "Vista Compatible" certification
> mean nothing in reality?
>
> -Larry

Report them to Microsoft and the BBB.
Old February 22nd 07, 07:20 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
timmy thompson

> How can they get away with this? Does the "Vista Compatible"
> certification mean nothing in reality?

Correct.
Old February 22nd 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mika Takala[_2_]

> NEITHER product works properly with Vista. The software for both of them
> does not install correctly or work correctly.

I thought that for a while, the Profiler that comes with G25 does indeed
work on Vista, but it wasn't publicly available as a download for any other
Logi hardware owners. Has this changed after Vista has been officially
released?

--
Mika Takala

Old February 24th 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

Larry,
unbelieveable, summer 07 before drivers... Bull****

Old February 24th 07, 01:43 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

I have used both the CD provided and the download version from Logitech's
site.

The profiler does not work in Vista.

The base driver MAY work, but not on two machines I tried it on. On both
machines, after restarting the wheel was reported as a DFP and could not be
adjusted properly.

-Larry

. ..

Old February 24th 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Yep, that's what I've heard as well.

I've already replaced the G15 keyboard. I'm going to sell it. Last Logi
keyboard sale they get from me.

The wheel, well, I just put it on a dedicated XP machine with NR2003. I
can't afford to have $300 paper weights.

It is simply unbelieveable to me that a product just released THREE months
ago doesn't work with the latest OS.

Did Logitech forget to pay their Developer dues and didn't have the info
they needed for the last 3 flippin' years?

Vista was not a suprise to anyone. Jeez!

-Larry

. ..

Old February 28th 07, 05:05 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

What is worse Larry, is that I knew My sidewinder was NOT going to work
'for ****' with Vista...
AND since it kinda has been left in the bad place since XP service pack2
(wasn't even technically for XP at all you know...)

So I know (I bought it) Im going to Vista, because I have to, get used to it
(already geting calls on "how do I...?") you know... So I buy the G25,
thought you guys said it worked LOL... I didnt double check and I wouldnt
have noitced that small bit on Logi website about game controllers, looking
at 1st. Damn it, I could have saved 300, since g25 sounds like is as
worthless in Vista as my MS wheel, which at least worked (could NOT change
any settings though) when I upgraded XP to Vista on my test machine.

I hate Dual booting but I am stuck there I guess.

Larry enlightened us with:

Old March 1st 07, 11:17 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Daniel Flinkmann

Plowboy wrote:

> What is worse Larry, is that I knew My sidewinder was NOT going to work
> 'for ****' with Vista...
> AND since it kinda has been left in the bad place since XP service pack2
> (wasn't even technically for XP at all you know...)
>
> So I know (I bought it) Im going to Vista, because I have to, get used to
> it
> (already geting calls on "how do I...?") you know... So I buy the G25,
> thought you guys said it worked LOL... I didnt double check and I wouldnt
> have noitced that small bit on Logi website about game controllers,
> looking
> at 1st. Damn it, I could have saved 300, since g25 sounds like is as
> worthless in Vista as my MS wheel, which at least worked (could NOT change
> any settings though) when I upgraded XP to Vista on my test machine.

Could it be that you guys talk about WinVista 64Bit only ? What I heard is
that the 32Bit version of Windows Vista works fine.

Daniel

Old March 1st 07, 04:30 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

larry, did you see version 5 is out?

Larry, are you using vista 64 bit? if so it seems the consensus is 64 bit
just is NOT good for gaming.

did you see this?
http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/...message.id=452

and is it describing what you say your problem is? I mean that yeah the
game and wheels work, you just can't change what "keypress" that each
certain button sends? if so, oh well that is good enough so far for me. as
long as the wheel will work.

Larry enlightened us with:
> The specifications for both the G15 Keyboard and G25 wheel state:
>
> "Windows® XP or Windows VistaT "
>
> NEITHER product works properly with Vista. The software for both of
> them does not install correctly or work correctly.
>
> And they are being wishy-washy about when support will be provided.
>
> How can they get away with this? Does the "Vista Compatible"
> certification mean nothing in reality?
>
> -Larry

Logitech G25 Pedals Tony Rickard Simulators 21 September 20th 06 11:48 AM
Logitech G25 DStamper Simulators 3 August 15th 06 11:17 PM
Looking for a Logitech Red MoMo J.R. Simulators 1 August 9th 05 02:25 PM
ISO: Logitech Red Momo J.R. Simulators 3 July 8th 05 06:46 AM
New Logitech Wheel on the way? Jay J Simulators 4 February 20th 05 11:41 PM