Beware BFY obsolete parts

Old October 31st 08, 12:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Leopold Stotch[_2_]

Default Beware BFY obsolete parts

John J wrote:
> Leopold Stotch wrote:
>> Yep, BFY has some seriously bad mojo going on right now. I wonder
>> what happened to them, they used to be pretty good. Apparently they
>> like to lie about what's in stock. [...]

> Hold on a second. It is quite possible that the source for certain
> quality ACVW parts has hit the economic wall where scarcity has kicked
> in and all retailers will have trouble.
>
> For years I purchased from John at aircooled.net and, of course, all
> went very well, but even John is having trouble finding at least one
> part that I desperately need. It has been back-ordered for at least four
> months, probably longer.
>
> So maybe it is time to re-evaluate what's happening for the makers of
> relatively low-demand, high-quality parts.
>
> Stephanie of aircooled.net shared this excellent explanation with me.
>
> "Due to the age of the vehicles that we supply parts for, and the fact
> that the parts for aircooled VWs in many cases are no longer
> manufactured by the original company that supplied them, it is
> unfortunately common for items to become difficult to acquire and/or no
> longer available, and then at some point suddenly become available
> again. We do our best to provide ongoing "acquisition service" for
> customers who are in need of the items, but we are not always
> successful. -- Stephanie, aircooled.net"
>
> We have entered the real of scarcity!

Regardless of the scarcity of the parts, it is illegal (an immoral) for
a company to represent that the parts are in stock and charge a
customer's credit card at the time of the order and then actually ship
the parts months (6 months is not unheard of) later.

All ACVW parts sellers are essentially selling parts from the same
sources. None the less, it is BFY that we consistently hear complaints
from, not the other companies in the same business. But feel free, if
you want to take a gamble place an order. As for me, if I want to
gamble I'll go to Vegas. As least when I loose my money there I'll get
a dinner and a show.

Old October 31st 08, 03:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John J[_3_]

Leopold Stotch wrote:

> Regardless of the scarcity of the parts, it is illegal (an immoral) for
> a company to represent that the parts are in stock and charge a
> customer's credit card

Let us make this perfectly clear: aircooled.net does not charge against
a credit card for something until an item ships.

Is that perfectly fracking clear? Are we good there?
Old October 31st 08, 03:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Leopold Stotch[_2_]

John J wrote:
> Leopold Stotch wrote:
>
>> Regardless of the scarcity of the parts, it is illegal (an immoral)
>> for a company to represent that the parts are in stock and charge a
>> customer's credit card

> Let us make this perfectly clear: aircooled.net does not charge against
> a credit card for something until an item ships.
>
> Is that perfectly fracking clear? Are we good there?

Let me make it perfectly clear - When I posted the above quoted text I
was speaking of BFY. A reading of the entire text of my original
message should make that clear.

Old October 31st 08, 04:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Oct 30, 8:24*pm, Leopold Stotch > wrote:
> John J wrote:
> > Leopold Stotch wrote:

> >> Regardless of the scarcity of the parts, it is illegal (an immoral)
> >> for a company to represent that the parts are in stock and charge a
> >> customer's credit card

> > Let us make this perfectly clear: aircooled.net does not charge against
> > a credit card for something until an item ships.

> > Is that perfectly fracking clear? Are we good there?

> Let me make it perfectly clear - When I posted the above quoted text I
> was speaking of BFY. *A reading of the entire text of my original
> message should make that clear.

I am also speaking only of BFY, never had an issue with
aircooled.net,
Remco, I felt exactly as you do, I used them almost exclusively for
the rebuild of our 63 18 months ago and it went great, that is why I
let it go too long, if I were you I would start asking questions about
your order and do some checking on other sites to see if what you are
waiting on is in stock. If it was just me I would chalk it up to my
bad luck but it looks like many other people are waiting a long time
on orders that they have already paid for.
Old October 31st 08, 01:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John J[_3_]

OMG!

The items that aircooled has back-ordered for months - well, I went to
cip1.com and they claimed to have them. I ordered them. They shipped the
same day. Now let's see if I get what I ordered.

Something ain't going well for aircooled.net.