G25 vista drivers finally out!

Old March 3rd 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tim Epstein

Default G25 vista drivers finally out!

Hi all,

Well, we can close the threads about G25 and vista now. The drivers are out
on the logitech and they work perfectly.

Now for the rest of today I've got a month's catching up of sim driving to
do.

Old March 5th 07, 09:35 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andre Warringa

On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 15:54:42 GMT, "Tim Epstein" >
wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Well, we can close the threads about G25 and vista now. The drivers are out
>on the logitech and they work perfectly.
>
>Now for the rest of today I've got a month's catching up of sim driving to
>do.

That's great. Are there any other reason not to upgrade to Vista yet?
Any problems with certains sims of graphic card drivers?

Cheers
Andre

Old March 5th 07, 02:08 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

Tim,

Where at? Im at logitech site, I see nothing new...
Tim Epstein enlightened us with:

Old March 5th 07, 02:13 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

Tim,

Where you seeing vista drivers?

Here is where I read they hope patch 5 for vista...
http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/...message.id=451

Version 5 software been out since 11/10/2006.

(quoteing logi download page)
Due to changes in the way USB drivers are recognized in Windows Vista, some
users may experience a problem with software installation of the Logitech
G25 Racing Wheel for PC. During installation, the G25 wheel may not be
detected by the operating system and there might also be operating system
messages stating that the device has a problem. If you are experiencing this
issue, we suggest that at the point during installation when the device
should be recognized (as indicated in the installer interface), unplug the
wheel, pause for a moment, and then plug the wheel back in to the same USB
port. The operating system and installer should then recognize it. Rebooting
the computer will also allow the operating system to recognize the device.

Also, in some systems running the retail version of Windows Vista x64, the
Profiler component of the Logitech Gaming Software is not functional,
preventing users from changing the default button settings of the wheel
within the Logitech software ( you can, however, customize button
functionality within many games).

Logitech is working on a software update to fix these inconveniences, and
the availability of this update will be announced at a later date.

For further details please refer to the README file included in this
download.

Approximate download size for each file is 7.7 Megabytes.

Ooops hit send too quickly...

Old March 5th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Daniel Flinkmann

Tim Epstein wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Well, we can close the threads about G25 and vista now. The drivers are
> out on the logitech and they work perfectly.
>
> Now for the rest of today I've got a month's catching up of sim driving to
> do.

Hello Tim,

Nice to hear that you guys got it running. (Already) some years ago the
development team hand out beta drivers to some testers (e.g. to test
driving force pro wheel etc.). Will there be a beta driver again ?

cheers,

Daniel

Old March 5th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

Daniel,

The decision to upgrade or not to upgrade will solely lie on your shoulders,
for year or 2... IMHO, there is no inherent reason to yet, (technically if
everyone's brother is focused on breaking Vista's security, maybe XP will be
safer for a while???

So, in fact there are probably more and more reasons NOT to so far, some
being drivers issues with certain hardware and periphials (scanners camera
etc..) the games video reportedly by some (not all) is that there is some
framerate hits on some games with vista, I cannot confirm nor deny any of
those alligations. I can confirm my sidewinder force feedback wheel cannot
adjust settings and or profiles in vista, so I would wonder if Thrustmaster
or others have problems and other than that, I dont know.

I do happen to have been upgrading my personal game machine, because I
support computer users around here at home and at work. so I wanna not lose
my games yet learn Vista. that is the sole reason I am getting Vista and a
new wheel-pedals set.

PS my wife uses this PC for 'work like' stuff, even though I beg her to use
the other PC, LOL. So I have to hope it all works fine and I dont lose any
of her $h*t, know what I mean?
I already Cloned the hard drive to identical drive before I install Vista
ultimate over XP to see how that goes. It all worked great on the 2nd
PC/test system I tried...

Daniel Flinkmann enlightened us with:

Old March 6th 07, 02:30 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

OK, do you wanna know the biggest reason NOT to move to VISTA?

So you have older programs, that you like to run, you know like turbotax, or
older quicken, and birthday card making software and you know $hit like that
you have accumulated seldom use, but do use... Half of them will "run" in
vista, but you DO NOT have the ability to open HELP FILES. What the phuck
was MS thinking? I know, they was promising all computers and software
companies, that we'd all rush out to buy NEW copies.

Great.

Plowboy enlightened us with:

Old March 9th 07, 09:20 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Version 5 ships with the wheel. Version 5 is NOT compatible.

-Larry

vista and gpl Milo Johnson Simulators 19 February 5th 07 05:34 PM
What's this about starforce in Vista ? [email protected] Simulators 17 November 14th 06 06:32 PM
More Vista Licensing... Larry[_1_] Simulators 16 November 4th 06 04:44 AM
More Info on vista... FYI PlowBoy Simulators 4 October 19th 06 05:10 PM
StarForce Not Windows Vista Compatible Larry Simulators 5 June 5th 06 07:58 PM