want to drive my Miata NYC->SF?

Old August 11th 05, 07:12 PM

Default want to drive my Miata NYC->SF?

I am wondering if it can be/have been done. Would anyone be interested
to drive my 1997 Miata across the country from NYC to SF some time in
September? The car has a luggage rack and a hitch bike rack. I would
throw in $250 for gas and a Jet Blue ticket back. It's not working out
time-wise for me to drive it myself. You can post here or email me
privately at

Old August 11th 05, 08:43 PM

Companies ask for at least 1K, and it involves bringing the car to a
terminal at a certain date (door-to-door runs for 1.5K)

Old August 12th 05, 08:14 PM
Jim Stuyck

I think the original poster was looking for someone with a need
to get from NYC to SF and took a shot at finding that person
here. In that case, providing "free transportation" with a gasoline
allowance thrown in isn't such a bad deal. Well, with gas at $2.50US
a gallon, or more, and Miatas getting roughly 30 MPG, and Mapquest
giving the driving distance as 2908.20 miles, that works out to just
about right for the gasoline. Whomever made the trip would have
to buy meals and lodgings, no matter the mode.

I might do it if I were in NYC, if I were planning to go to SF, and
if I didn't have my own Miata, which would get me back. ;-)

Jim Stuyck

Old August 12th 05, 09:14 PM
XS11E

"Jim Stuyck" > wrote in:

> I think the original poster was looking for someone with a need
> to get from NYC to SF and took a shot at finding that person
> here.

It seems to me he'd be way better off putting an ad in the NY papers and
reaching folks who are already in NY?

Old August 12th 05, 10:18 PM
Dana H. Myers

Jim Stuyck wrote:
> I think the original poster was looking for someone with a need
> to get from NYC to SF and took a shot at finding that person
> here.

Someone with three days to get to SF instead of flying :-)

Dana