Extended Warranty for a 2001 Miata?

Old August 3rd 05, 11:23 PM

Default Extended Warranty for a 2001 Miata?

Hi all,

First..thank you so much for all the great feedback and advice. I think
I've found a good possibility...a 2001 black and tan miata. Mileage is
a little high (almost 80K)...but, the price is right.

Can someone give me advice on possibly getting an extended warranty on
this? Does one come from Mazda (this used one is not on a mazda lot)?
Does anyone know much about buying them from 3rd parties, and if
so...any recommendations?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/links....I think I'm about to
become a miata owner...

chilecayenne

Old August 3rd 05, 11:58 PM
Don Benton

On 3 Aug 2005 15:23:21 -0700, wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>First..thank you so much for all the great feedback and advice. I think
>I've found a good possibility...a 2001 black and tan miata. Mileage is
>a little high (almost 80K)...but, the price is right.
>
>Can someone give me advice on possibly getting an extended warranty on
>this? Does one come from Mazda (this used one is not on a mazda lot)?
>Does anyone know much about buying them from 3rd parties, and if
>so...any recommendations?
>
>Thanks in advance for any suggestions/links....I think I'm about to
>become a miata owner...
>
>chilecayenne

Heheheheh......I can see the replies to this one in the crystal ball
lens of my popup headlight! You'll find the Miata to be one of the
most reliable vehicles on the road, with many going well over 200K
with no probs. Consumers Reports seems to thing along these lines,
and the Miata has remained on their "recommended used car buy" list
since its introduction.

I just had the first fairly major repair on my '91. Had to replace
the rear at 162K, but the car had the stock, weak VSLD rear, had been
to the dragstrip, and has been running 5/6lbs of aftermarket turbo
boost for at least 90K. I've kinda beat the poor thing to death. Way
I figure, thing shoulda died about 50K ago!

When I was searching for older Miatas, I recall a substantial number
with over 200K that could be had for cheap, and, at least according to
the owners, were still daily drivers.

DonB
'91 white

FA: 1990 miata parts + much more to come - long list, many OEM &aftermarket parts for 1.6 and 1.8 liter M1's pws Mazda 6 August 2nd 05 02:53 AM
Extended warranty information Steve Chrysler 3 March 31st 05 08:11 AM
extended warranty Rich VW water cooled 1 March 20th 05 11:00 AM
extended warranty - prices? / should I? FTLOSM Dodge 7 March 18th 05 10:25 PM
Extended Warranty Tom BMW 2 December 15th 04 12:37 AM