replacing single rear brake caliper?

Old July 6th 05, 05:23 AM
TeGGeR®

Abeness > wrote in :

> I gotta look into a drill attachment to aid in scouring out the holes
> those pins slide into... come to think of it, I think I've seen files
> that are designed for drills. Just have to be careful not to overdo
> it.

This may help:
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/rusty...s2_detail.html
(should be all on one line)

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old July 6th 05, 02:40 PM
Abeness

TeGGeR® wrote:
> Abeness > wrote in :
>

>>I gotta look into a drill attachment to aid in scouring out the holes
>>those pins slide into... come to think of it, I think I've seen files
>>that are designed for drills. Just have to be careful not to overdo
>>it.

> This may help:
> http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/rusty...s2_detail.html
> (should be all on one line)

Yup, your excellent page is what I had in mind. It's the idea of going
up and down with that file for eons that makes me want to try a drill
attachment. I've seen very small wire brush attachments that might work
too, will have to look around. In the final analysis, I know I can use
the half-file by hand.
Old July 6th 05, 03:44 PM
TeGGeR®

Abeness > wrote in :

> It's the idea of going
> up and down with that file for eons that makes me want to try a drill
> attachment. I've seen very small wire brush attachments that might
> work too, will have to look around. In the final analysis, I know I
> can use the half-file by hand.

Break the rat-tail file in half and clamp that in the drill.

Old July 6th 05, 06:01 PM
Abeness

TeGGeR® wrote:
> Abeness > wrote in :
>

>>It's the idea of going
>>up and down with that file for eons that makes me want to try a drill
>>attachment. I've seen very small wire brush attachments that might
>>work too, will have to look around. In the final analysis, I know I
>>can use the half-file by hand.

> Break the rat-tail file in half and clamp that in the drill.

That's what I was planning to do, but it would be more efficient with
the type of file with its teeth designed for rotary use instead of
forward/back. I'm almost certain that I've seen such.