99 Accord

Old August 23rd 05, 02:30 AM

Default 99 Accord

Can anyone give me some idea of what kind of regular maintenance
they've had to perform on their front end. I ask as I've replaced
several parts on my front-end due to a side collision and I'm now faced
with re-replacing some of the same parts. The repair shop says this is
normal wear and tear yet I've only put on 40,000 km since the accident,
2 and 1/2 years ago.

Old August 24th 05, 12:40 AM
TWW

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Can anyone give me some idea of what kind of regular maintenance
> they've had to perform on their front end. I ask as I've replaced
> several parts on my front-end due to a side collision and I'm now faced
> with re-replacing some of the same parts. The repair shop says this is
> normal wear and tear yet I've only put on 40,000 km since the accident,
> 2 and 1/2 years ago.

Son's 98 Accord with 105k miles -- normal maintenance with no front end part
replacement.

Old August 24th 05, 11:22 AM
John

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Can anyone give me some idea of what kind of regular maintenance
> they've had to perform on their front end. I ask as I've replaced
> several parts on my front-end due to a side collision and I'm now faced
> with re-replacing some of the same parts. The repair shop says this is
> normal wear and tear yet I've only put on 40,000 km since the accident,
> 2 and 1/2 years ago.

What type of items are we talking about here?

Depending on the driving conditions you might need new axles (or at least
the axle boots). Other than that, brake pads and rotors.

How's your alignment? Does the car self-steer? How is the wear on your
tires?

Old August 25th 05, 01:28 AM

With the side collision it will make things problematic. The accord's
suspension design is actually quite good and parts should last a long
time.

You'll easily run through two sets of struts on the camry before even
needing to touch the ones on the accord.

But then, a side collision might have shifted the geometry and add to
the stress on the parts.

Old August 26th 05, 02:21 AM

The steering is fine. It tracks fine but we are just experiencing many
replacement parts. Not sure what to do. I have been to my honda
dealership many times and they have generally been good, its just a
hassle that never ends.

I don't really want to go out and buy another vehicle. Any suggestions
on how I should approach either Honda dealership/Honda/MPI?

suggestions to buy accord yahmed Honda 3 May 15th 05 08:02 PM
2005 Accord: iPod-friendly? Paul Wylie Honda 11 April 5th 05 09:09 PM
Honda OEM Parts Catalogs for Sale Joe Honda 0 February 12th 05 02:43 PM
2005 Accord ... Should I? DaveR Honda 21 February 10th 05 01:15 AM
2003 Accord power lock problem Steve Driska Honda 0 September 26th 04 04:02 AM