Old October 1st 17, 07:19 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Retired

Default Tire Wear Question ?

On 10/1/17 12:47 PM, Bob wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Have a 2009 Buick LaCrosse.
>
> Using Michelin all-season tires; do not change them
> out over the summer.
> About 40-50 K onÂ* them now.
>
> I noticed the front two tires have "considerably" more wear on them
> than the rear.
>
> Is this normal ?
>
> Make sense to interchange the front and rear tires ?
> I imagine that with front wheel drive, the front tires are the ones that
> should have the "better" thread on them.
> True ?
>
> If I do, keep the ones on the left, e.g., to remain on the left, or do
> a X crossover ?Â* Why ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

If you have never had the tires rotated on a regular schedule, then,
yes, the fronts will wear faster than the rears, mainly from turning.
Evening out the wear is the whole point of rotation.

Read this TireRack article for details, and follow your owner's manual
instructions.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiret....jsp?techid=43