Old November 20th 07, 11:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

Default 1990 Honda Accord Idle fluctuation

wrote in news:9ae279a7-d778-48cd-8328-5e54960c13e2
@s12g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

> My 1990 Honda Accord 2.2L started to have idle fluctuations
> yesterday. The RPM will fluctuate between 1700 and 1000 RPMs when the
> car is stopped. The fluctuations don't seem to be noticeable when the
> car is in gear. What would cause this? I searched for vacuum leaks
> but couldn't find anything. I recently did a tune-up. Please help!

I'll bet the fluctuations are only when the car is warm.

If so, it's a stuck Fast Idle Thermo Valve. There is a way to test for
that.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ