Old January 11th 05, 12:58 AM
Steve B.

> After driving the car approximately 200 miles on the Interstate, the
> engine will suddenly shutdown as if it were not getting any gas. The
> engine will not start immediately, but after a 30 minute cool down it
> will restart and be good for another 100 to 200 miles, until the problem
> occurs again. This has occured several times.

One thing to try next time it happens... Get out and open the gas cap
and then try to start the car again. This may or may not apply to
your car but I had a similar issue once on a different make vehicle.
The evap emissions system had failed and the car would run until the
vacuum in the fuel tank overcame the pumps ability to pump. Open the
cap and things equalize. Again this may not even be possible on your
vehicle.... just a guess.

Steve B.