Old December 16th 10, 05:30 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default C5 headlights -

"FBNE" > wrote in message
> Merry Christmas all. Either I am getting older or the headlights
> on my C5 seem to be too dim for me. It is especially troublesome on
> the low-beam side. It looks like the beam is "hitting" the road
> about 20 feet in front of the drivers side and only slightly better
> on the pax side. I have the silverstar bulbs in there now and did
> not see any improvement. Anyone running better LED bulbs or street
> legal HIDS? Te lights look fairly good on hi-beam, but practical in
> traffic. Thx
>
> -FBNE

First off I'd align what you have and then put them on a direct power
feed. A good site to read is
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/home.html I'm not sure he still
sells a relay kit but they are not hard to make, look under products.

Was your car new when you got it and/or have you or the previous owner
changed any settings or equipment besides bulbs? Do the headlight
doors open equally? I've never had the issues you speak of with the C5
so I've never tried the changes you desire. I have seen some very poor
results with some of the HID changes at quite an expense. Since I now
drive a C6 the headlights are more than adequate and require no
updates.

If there are LED headlights for the C5 now I'd surely consider them
but have yet to see them offered by anyone.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51